Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little work, lots of snow, I'm sick

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:20 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts
Default Little work, lots of snow, I'm sick

I'm in Michigan, bad economy, work is hard to come by and it's Snowing and they say it will continue all night. HeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLp.
If I could just go back in time 4 years, things was much better then. I'm in the Building business, then I was working 6 and some times 7 days a week for over 22 years. My Wife had a UAW job for over 20 years, with great benefits. We had money in the bank and things was good. I had 2 Snowmobiles loved them, made Winter a little fun. In the Summer I had my Sportster 1200-C loved it.
Then one day in 06 my Wife came home and told me her job was going to Mexico along with 3000 others. Now she works at Wal-mart part time for 1/2 the money and very little benefits. In 07 my business started to slow down. Are Money in the bank was going fast. So we had to make adjustments. My wife got a cheaper car, I had to give up my sled or my bike. my Snowmobile was costing me triple of what a weekend on my Harley was, so I sold the sled and my 2 place trailer, But hay I do love Harleys. 09 was by far the worst year here in Michigan.
I do have a good reputation in the Lansing area so that has helped me keep my work going but at a slower pace.
Over the last 2 years my riding style changed to more longer rides and a 6 speed BT was looking good to me, I was going to wait until the economy got better but I'm over 50 now and I felt time was running out for me. On top of that I have a life long health problem and my Dad died just over 2 years ago and I still miss him a lot. One night about 2 months ago one of my friends said he would like to buy my bike, then my Wife said I don't think this economy is going to get better any time soon with the Government spending money like they have a stolen credit card, so why don't you go ahead and sell you old bike and buy that new one, plus it will help take your mind off your Dads death.
So I did. My old bike paid for 1/2 of my new one so the payment is very low. We are getting by OK now, just have to budget our money more. My Wife is on her way home from work right now, so here I set, looking out the window watching it Snow out side with a 2010 FXDC in the garage waiting for spring. I got to say now that I don't Snowmobile any more and with a new Harley....Winter SUCKs
Hope all of you didn't mind me sounding off...

PS did I mention with a new Harley Winter SUCKs

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
crowbait
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound off man there are a lot of us that could tell the same story. Hang in there things will get better.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:37 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Washed the bike while barefoot, then went for a ride.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:37 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The economy won't stay i the dumper forever man ( We all Hope! ) Congrats on the new bike,i agree sleds are way too much money for the short winters we have. I'm in QC. canada and threee years ago there was no snow. Man those guys with snowmobiles were bitchin back then!

Old 01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by paul s
Washed the bike while barefoot, then went for a ride.
LMAO LMAO LMAO Shyut---Up! man!!!

Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
QuickDrawAZ
Advanced

Hang in there, a lot of us are in the same boat. I think I will go take a ride today for you its only about 70 so I might need a jacket.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:30 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hang in there brother things will warm and a you and your wife will be able to get away on your new Harley and for a moment be able to take your mind off of all today's turmoil and hard times we all have to go through these days. Congrats on the new bike and stay safe.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:04 PM
smif
Intermediate

Snow is heading my way tonight. 2-3 inches.....in a few days the roads will be plowed, cindered and I'll be back on the bike.

I got my first Harley in October. I took it out three times this past week to get in a few 20-30 minute rides. Temps were 25, 26 and 35 today...heat wave. Long underwear, jeans, huge winter gloves, full face helmet with balaclava, sweatshirt and my leather jacket were all I needed for those short rides. Granted I can't go far....but its something to feed the addiction.

All my friends, neighbors and co-workers call me crazy. Some of them have bikes sitting in their garages, and do this as I pass by . I just feel sorry for them.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Its sounds like you have a great Lady. thats 3/4 of the battle.
you'll be fine. just keep your head up things will pick up this spring.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Hope that some jobs come your way soon. As for riding in winter, it sucks when that salt starts to pit all the spots that you could not wash or rinse off. Used to ride other bikes during the winter, but not the Harley. My wife is now turning calendar pages and encouraging me with thoughts of Spring. She says she can't wait for me to ride again as it seems to be the only thing that can fully relax me as I get older. Who am I to argue?

Quick Reply: Little work, lots of snow, I'm sick