Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Stripper Apes?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 AM
J-RoX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too! after i was told that they were the same as other bars i was worried about them being narrow.

well i have the easy part done, any tips on making the clutch cable and brake line replacement faster?

Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J-RoX
Me too! after i was told that they were the same as other bars i was worried about them being narrow.

well i have the easy part done, any tips on making the clutch cable and brake line replacement faster?
practice....LOl.... I can change the cables in just a few minutes.... I would get some speedbleeders for the brake, makes bleeding a snap!

Old 01-18-2010, 11:29 AM
J-RoX
Cruiser

and where might one find such an item. actually while i am asking questions,

What did you do with the vent line between the tanks? i have herd of people splicing quick disconnects, but i just don't see enough room to do that.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:39 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by J-RoX
and where might one find such an item. actually while i am asking questions,

What did you do with the vent line between the tanks? i have herd of people splicing quick disconnects, but i just don't see enough room to do that.
their website.... type speed bleeder into google. The vent line or the crossover line? For the crossover line, nothing, no need to remove tank for a bar install. Just unclip the quick disconnect on your fuel line then remove front bolt of tank. Loosen rear bolt or remove, prop tank up for easier access to the panel underneath.
For the speedbleeders, I believe they don't list one for the newer bikes, From what I read, the one with HD after the part #(one for 06 and older listing) works for your newer models as well.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:52 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this is a little late but here is my friend's Road Glide with the stripper apes installed.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Socal Bobber
Advanced

Those really look good. From head on they look like they fit you perfect.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:16 PM
J-RoX
Cruiser

i did that at first, but then to disconnect the wiring the "crossover"(i called it vent because it vents one side to the other to keep them even) line was in the way. i had to get it out of the way ... if i didn't my lack of patience would have gotten the better of me and i am sure i would have to buy a bunch of replacement parts.

i like the bars better on my bike and Flat black... had i seen that picture before i probably would have thought twice about getting them.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Hossbob
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bars look great! Perfect timing because im about to place an order for a set of bars from Todds as well. Im stuck between the Stripper or the knuckle bars for my bob.... Anyone seen the knuckle bars on any bikes?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:47 AM
J-RoX
Cruiser

i just want there not to be salt on the road, so when i get it back together i can ride...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Foley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't see pics of FunkyNova66's post but here's my bike with 17" Stripper bars.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Stripper Apes?