Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asked dealer to change to 07, opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:03 AM
Rocket350
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Asked dealer to change to 07, opinions?

I can't get it out of my head. Finally, after a lifetime of waiting, I finally sealed the deal on a 06 lowrider in Feb. I am in the military stationed overseas, so we have more or less a HD representative. He asked if I wanted to get locked into a 07 model when they came out, but after discussing the major changes for 06, I figured not a whole lot would change for the 07's besides the slight increase of cost. So I went with an 06. I figured one year difference would not make a difference as far as resale value. After seeing the 07's, I think I was wrong... I even noticed the gear ratios are different between the 06 - 07's. I really feel the entire Dyna line were truly the guinea pigs for the 06. Not that there is anything wrong with 06's, I just feel I should be able to get what I want the 1st time. Especially waiting a lifetime for a HD.

Here is my dilemma... My new bike gets delivered in September from the factory. I do not even return back to the states until Jan. I stopped by the HD guys, and the salesman I went through no longer works there, so I am skeptical because the new guy sells cars, and did not even know 07's were out! These people are not traditional stealers you would see in the states. Being in the military, I save going through these guys on certain cars and HD's. They order the vehicles and bikes and have them ready when you return back to the states. I am not sure what kind of commission they make. I paid total $16,249 for my Lowrider, and that includes crate fees, laced wheels, security system... all but the extended warrantee (I opted not to get that).

So I already paid for the bike, but I have not received it yet. I asked the question "Can I upgrade to the 07 instead and pay out of pocket the difference?"

He said he will see what he could do and to come back before Friday.

Anyone have any experiences changing bikes before delivery? Do you think this is a possibility?

Sorry for the long post!!!

Old 07-18-2006, 06:44 AM
rajvirdee
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Asked dealer to change to 07, opinions?

I'm based in england and had a deposit and a street bob secured for august delivery (I still haven't got my license!). I called the dealership yesterday and explained that I was in love with the 07 Fat Boy. Without any quibles whatsoever they changed the order. All I have to do is wait a bit longer and pay the difference.

Only thing is that if you've paid for extras and they can't be put on the 07 bike then you may have to pay for them seperately.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:54 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. AAFES told me I could change my order anytime I wanted. I had some problems with them. They took my money, then told me that the "allotment" of streetglides for 06 had already been used up and I could either get on a waiting list or change to another bike. So, they should be able to change without a problem. If you are in Southwest Asia, I could look up the e mail address for the dealership in Dubai that handles all the orders from over here. I don't know about Europe.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:04 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member

My name is Shereen and I will be handling your Harley order here in the
Middle East. Your name has now been placed on our 2006 waiting list
and as
soon as we are in a position to offer you a bike we will be back in
touch.
I will be your point of contact for your order is here in the Dubai
office.
All allocation enquiries should be made via email to
<harleygirlsme@yahoo.com> Should you leave the Middle East region prior
to
allocation, this office will remain your point of contact until we are
in a
position to source a bike. Unfortunately we will not be able to make
your
requested delivery date as the earliest we expect to be able to deliver
the
Street Glides will be early March. Will that be ok with you?

Please be sure to advise me if you change your email address as this is
the
only means we have of contacting you once a bike is available. If you
have
any questions regarding this order please let me know.

Have a great day
Shereen

Here is the email address for the contact in Dubai. Along with a little insight into how they work. Good Luck.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Rocket350
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input. I just dug out an old email that is similar to yours. I will try to email them to see if there is anything they can do. I am in Okinawa Japan. I do not really trust the guy that handles the sales because he simply isn't a bike guy... he's a car salesman. I have a feeling I will get a "no, it can't be done" no, because it can't, but because it will be too much work on his end. I guess we'll see.

Thanks again...

Old 07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only real change is the bigger displacement...unlike the 05 to 06 changes. The 06's (especially ones built later during that model year) are pretty much the same exact bikes as the 07s. I wouldn't make yourself crazy. If you really want the 07 and find it's too difficult to make the switch...just get the bike you already bought, add a 95 inch kit, and call it a day.
Of course...this is just my opinion.
I've said this before...I would've been pretty frustrated if I would've bought an 05 right before all the major changes in 06...but from 06 to 07, the changes, in my opinion, are negligable. Hell...I have the stage 1 kit with SE IIs, and I'd be willing to bet I'm making as much power as the new 96 inchers...of course, I'm just guessing.

I'll be the first to admit that the changes HD made for 07 kinda surprised me...like anyone who bought an 06...and I'm sure my statements above look like maybe I'm in some kind of denial...which I guess could be partially true. But when I really think about it....I could easily add a 95 inch kit and essentially have an 07. No other harley owners can say that except 06 dyna owners. So I guess we were the guinea pigs...not a bad set of wheels for a guinea pig!

Todd

Old 07-18-2006, 07:56 PM
tb2377
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the new 96 in motor has 92 ft of tq. it on the hd website. don't know if that at the motor or fly wheel, but my bike after an se ac, slip ons, se race tuner and a dyno tune i'm pushin 77 ft tq at the rear wheel . think i'm gonna need a 95 inch motor w/the hot set up!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:04 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

Being this late in the year, I wouldn't pay MSRP for an '06 bike. I know they have waiting lists overseas, but they are now selling a bike that is a year old. That's not your fault. It's thier fault. They should either give you a huge discount or sell you an '07.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:54 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: tb2377

the new 96 in motor has 92 ft of tq. it on the hd website. don't know if that at the motor or fly wheel, but my bike after an se ac, slip ons, se race tuner and a dyno tune i'm pushin 77 ft tq at the rear wheel . think i'm gonna need a 95 inch motor w/the hot set up!
HD doesn't specify whether it's at the motor or fly wheel? Somehow, I doubt that number (92 ft/lb) is at the rear wheel. Auto/motorcycle manufacturers like to confuse us. If it is at the rear wheel....well, then I think I'm with you...gonna go for the 95 incher. Any ideas what that will cost me? I suppose I could call the dealer or look on the website for pricing...but I'm lazy

Todd

Old 07-18-2006, 08:59 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD doesn't specify whether it's at the motor or fly wheel? Somehow, I doubt that number (92 ft/lb) is at the rear wheel.
I don't know ANY manufacturers who list torque/HP at the rear wheel - probably since that number will usually around 15% lower than at the crank (depending on what type of final drive system the bike has). Higher numbers sell bikes.

Quick Reply: Asked dealer to change to 07, opinions?