Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whitewalls on FXDF?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
jake.h
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whitewalls on FXDF?

I was reading an old post - someone talking about powder coating (black) stock FXDF wheels and putting on whitewalls. Couldn't find a pic using search. Anyone done this or something similar? I'm thinkin its time to powder coat these mags...so hard to keep clean.

Any tips on cleaning these suckers while I'm marinating on my options?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 AM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been thinking about white walls on my WG the next tire change. Not sure about any powder coating but white walls on a black and chrome bike always has looked good to me.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 AM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Eeek! Personaly I think WW on a FXDF would be down right hideous, but I will reserve my full opine till I see one.
As far as cleaning the stock wheels, I use Shout, you know the laundry stuff, spray it on and leave it a couple min and at worst you may have to sponge a little, most of the grime will wash off, give it a try.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:07 AM
HDMike96
Road Captain

Dunno how white walls would look on a FXDF, they look good on a deluxe but thats because of the paint and fenders I think. I dont think the fat bob could pull it off but I could be wrong.

Old 01-03-2010, 07:00 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a thin whitewall

Old 01-03-2010, 11:57 AM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jake.h
I was reading an old post - someone talking about powder coating (black) stock FXDF wheels and putting on whitewalls. Couldn't find a pic using search. Anyone done this or something similar? I'm thinkin its time to powder coat these mags...so hard to keep clean.
Any tips on cleaning these suckers while I'm marinating on my options?
Originally Posted by arnold
Eeek! Personaly I think WW on a FXDF would be down right hideous, but I will reserve my full opine till I see one.
As far as cleaning the stock wheels, I use Shout, you know the laundry stuff, spray it on and leave it a couple min and at worst you may have to sponge a little, most of the grime will wash off, give it a try.
Originally Posted by HDMike96
Dunno how white walls would look on a FXDF, they look good on a deluxe but thats because of the paint and fenders I think. I dont think the fat bob could pull it off but I could be wrong.
WW’s definitely do not fit the look of the Fat Bob.
Could be why no one has seen one with em.
Another reason might be 16" ww's are hard to come by.

I rattle canned the center of my wheels... turned out black enough for me.

Old 01-03-2010, 12:10 PM
wood butcher
Tourer

Alot of people like whitewalls. Personally, have never liked them. Even the thin ones. I get them off every bike I've owned as soon as I can if they come with them. Wide whitewalls are especially hideous IMHO. To each his own. Put them on a Fat Bob? No way!

Old 01-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Well on a fat bob, i have no real help. But as far as a flat black street bob with red powdercoated rims, I can tell you that as far as getting white walls in 16", Avon has them. If someone has the time they can photoshop the white walls on and go from there. I will tell you this, some will like it, some will not. Be yourself, if you like it, go for it. Good luck

Old 01-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Default Gangster Walls

Put a set of Gangster Walls on although they may look nice there has to be alot of cleaning maintenance if you want them to stay white , to much work for me i just want to ride ...

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 01-03-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:40 PM
fiend138
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I think it could look good but I think it would require a lot of other changes to make it look right. If you are concerned about cleaning them though another option would be powder coat your wheels black and then white on the outer ring. But in my opinion the only way this works is if you have white tins or a stripped down black bike with a couple of subtle white items.

Quick Reply: Whitewalls on FXDF?