Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FIAMM "Low Tone" Freeway Blaster Horn

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
US66harley
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice find on the Ryder fleet price. Think I will give it a try.If anything I can stick it on my HHR that has a wimpier horn than the bike.

Old 01-08-2010, 07:51 PM
sigmoid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum is the best. I got one yesterday from Ryder, 6 bucks, fits perfectly and much louder.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:03 PM
ehc0720
Tourer

rdondes,

I went and picked up this horn from Pep-Boys today. I took the horn of my 06 WG and put it on my Triumph, it had a really weak horn. Then I put the Fiamm on my HD. Guess what it is the exact same output (loudness 132 db), and note as the stock HD (Hella) one. I put them side by side and you couldn't tell the difference between them. Only now I have a made in USA horn on my HD and one made on Mexico on my Triumph.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGRIDA_06
I just bought one from RyderFleetProducts.com it cost $14.80 after shipping. For $15 I figured I'd give it a try before dropping the money on an Air Horn.
I just bought 2 freeway blasters from RyderFleetProducts.com, one high tone and one low tone.
22 bucks shipped is a pretty good deal. Thanks guys for the tip. This forum is great!
Could have been even cheaper if I didn't have them shipped to PA cause they charged me $0.95 for sales tax. Oh well...... <g>

I think I'll mount them on the crossbar between the vertical frame tubes, above the regulator. I'm debating if I'll mount them facing the road or facing the engine.
The issue is protection from rain vs protection from engine heat.

Watcha think?

Last edited by frenchbiker; 01-12-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ehc0720
rdondes,

I went and picked up this horn from Pep-Boys today. I took the horn of my 06 WG and put it on my Triumph, it had a really weak horn. Then I put the Fiamm on my HD. Guess what it is the exact same output (loudness 132 db), and note as the stock HD (Hella) one. I put them side by side and you couldn't tell the difference between them. Only now I have a made in USA horn on my HD and one made on Mexico on my Triumph.
So are you saying there is no difference between the OEM HD Horn and the horn you bought at Pep-Boys?

Old 01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
sibur
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a high tone Fiamm I was going to install this winter, anyone using the high tone?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ehc0720
rdondes,

My low tone FIAMM was definitely louder. And the tone was much deeper. Instead of a pathetic "meep meep" I now sound like an actual car with a "BONK BONK."

What brand decibel meter did you use to measure your horn's output? Was it calibrated?

Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 PM
yso191
Club Member

Well, I for one was underwhelmed. I used the NAPA brand horn (made by FIAMM) "Low Note, 132 decibels", part#730-056, for $17.88. The good news is that it was quite easy and quick to swap it out even though the horn was a little larger and the electrical posts were in an akward place.

I expected that I would be able to clearly hear the difference in loudness, but I could not. I'll have to wait till I get the bike next to another stock bike to see if there is a difference. Oh well, less than $20, no big deal.

Steve

Old 01-12-2010, 09:05 PM
plumbertom
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doxbike
stebel compact nautilus horn @ 134 dB !!

I mounted mine in place of the cowbell. Comes with the relay. 1 hot wire from the battery or fuse block, 2 from the orignial horn, 1 to ground. 15 minute install $36. They come in black or chrome models
Put one of these on my FXD. Sure gets 'em to looking for that truck even on the freeways around L.A.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:21 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I WANT ONE OF THESE, LISTEN TO THE SOUND CLIP.
http://www.stebel.it/stebel2009/prod...pologia=pickup

Quick Reply: FIAMM "Low Tone" Freeway Blaster Horn