Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 AM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!

Just about through with this winter's mods.

Installed:
Progressive HD Black 12" shocks
Newly powdercoated rear fender strut covers
Wrinkle Black horn

Removed:
Stock Tank Badges

My last step will be to install the new tank badges, BUT....a revelation occurred to me this morning.

I always bring the bike into the basement, get it up on the lift, pivot it 180 degrees so I can simply lower it, and drive it straight out after the long winter.

In this scenario that repeats every winter/spring the side of the bike toward me is the horn side. The side with the pipes is always away from me and almost against the wall.

My revelation came this morning after removing my tank badges: I have "embraced the black" with my Bob but now I have her modestly blacked out, still with stock spoked rims, and I am wondering if the right side looks a tad "off" with chrome pipes on a mostly black background - shocks, fender, strut covers, The "Mud Mod" air cleaner cover, etc. I do have chrome Kuryakyn deluxe forward controls still as well.

******My query to all my Street Bob brothers and sisters:******
Do you have a mostly blacked out Bob, but kept chrome pipes, and how does it look out in the light of day??? PLEASE POST REPLIES WITH PHOTOS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT!!!

Happy New Year to all!!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:26 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had the black denim and blacked out the horn cover. Since then I have done a few things that took me away from the whole "dark custom" binge.....

I still have the black horn cover as you can see in the second photo...

Attached Thumbnails Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!-copy-2-of-pict0014.jpg   Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!-copy-2-of-pict0007.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 12:09 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by flynavy
Just about through with this winter's mods.

Installed:
Progressive HD Black 12" shocks
Newly powdercoated rear fender strut covers
Wrinkle Black horn...

My last step will be to install the new tank badges, BUT....

revelation came this morning after removing my tank badges: I have "embraced the black" with my Bob but now I have her modestly blacked out, still with stock spoked rims, and I am wondering if the right side looks a tad "off" with chrome pipes on a mostly black background - shocks, fender, strut covers, The "Mud Mod" air cleaner cover, etc. I do have chrome Kuryakyn deluxe forward controls still as well.

******My query to all my Street Bob brothers and sisters:******
Do you have a mostly blacked out Bob, but kept chrome pipes, and how does it look out in the light of day??? PLEASE POST REPLIES WITH PHOTOS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT!!!

Happy New Year to all!!
Being a 'Fat' Bobber as opposed to a 'Street' Bobber... I'm still compelled to say that it's hard to get the 'maximum effect' of what you're describing WITHOUT PHOTOS!
I think a 'splash' of chrome/polished aluminum looks good on a black canvas. A 'splash' of chrome on the other side of the pipes (e.g. a chrome horn cover) adds a little balance.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:26 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Posting to this to subscribe. Interesting topic.

Old 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM
flynavy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a look at the horn side...I have no pipe side pic because it is so close to the wall.

I can't even find a pic of the bike taken from the pipe side on my pc...my daughter accidentally lost some of my past pics.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!-new_mods.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I kind of have a 50/50 mix, but going more black. I'm going to get black side shots eventually and my horn cover is hanging in the garage cause I just painted it with truck bed liner. I like seeing chrome on black so I'm going to keep a mix, but here's mine. Your thread just made me realize I don't have to many pics of the right side!! Crap!

Last edited by JaronB; 02-13-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:09 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Ah Ha!! Found some!! I also got chrome strut covers. I have some Fred Kodlin 15" apes getting powder coated right now and next winter I'll probably to the trees and lowers gloss powder.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:34 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

check out the night train picture thread. lot of them run blacked out bikes, and keep chrome pipes, to me, I like black pipes. You have a chrome front, and signals, wheels, I think black pipes are in order. Best looking are short shots, better still get a black thunderheader on there to enjoy.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:44 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 147 Likes on 100 Posts

No winter mods planned but here it is, in all it's pewter denim glory.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is all the blacker mine got! I think they look good with a mixture...not all bling or all black.

With that said...still like custom paint best!

Quick Reply: Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!