Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 08:14 PM
further
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black is fine in itself.Too much looks poser.The Harley marketing that you're a badass if you have a black bike is beyond ridiculous.Among other things, a sled is inherently invisible to a cage anyway. I have ridden for 40 years on the idea that nobody can see me and all black doesn't help that any.Next time I powder coat my tins it's going to be something noticable.You have some decent looking sleds.Support your local.....

Old 02-13-2010, 08:39 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

WTF?? Never saw them advertising to be a badass if they are black. How many blacked out bikes have you seen in person?? I rarely do and I know it's mostly the same across the board! A lot of blacked out bikes are on this forum though and I guarantee they aren't posers.

You said yourself that bikes are invisible, so why does it matter what color the bike is? No matter what color the bike is you can't tell with the head light or tail lights lit up. Shoot other cagers can't even see my 6k lb SUV with 4 lights shinning in their face. The only time they will notice your paint or bright orange bike with reflectors is when you pass them at that point your safe. I guess you can put on knee pads and elbow pads too.

Last edited by JaronB; 02-13-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:01 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXDB2007
dude, dont act like you havent seen the typical HD advertisements that are full of the "DARK CUSTOM" bullshit. I agree with the other guy. they market so much black out **** its sickening. if it aint black, its got skulls. either way, just look through some of these threads man its like looking at the entire 2007-2010 dark custom section at the dealer
I didn't say they aren't advertising black!! I said they're not advertising that black means you're badass. I still see more chrome then black parts on the wall. I'd have to say the only parts I've seen black up on the walls at any HD I've been too is Grips and pegs, oh and a lot of poser black t-shirts. You usually gotta special order the black stuff, or buy chrome and get them powdered. Did they come out with more blacked out models this year, yes. Why? Because they sell!! Business for Harley, not them trying to promote being a badass poser. I also did say that there are a lot of blacked out bikes on this forum. But most people on this forum get all their parts powdered or painted themselves. Just look through the threads and I bet you can find most do it themselves because they like it not because of Harley's marketing. Just saying black doesn't mean poser!

Last edited by JaronB; 02-13-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a tank lift to go on, new derby cover and my lowering front springs.

I think I might yank my tank emblems, black out my lowers and maybe finish up my 21" wheel. Still on the fence of chroming out the engine, but don't want the maintenance and upkeep....or blacking it out. I like my chrome pipe and the little I have left on it. Also, that tail light is coming off too!

Should get that stuff done tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vinsil
I have a tank lift to go on, new derby cover and my lowering front springs.

I think I might yank my tank emblems, black out my lowers and maybe finish up my 21" wheel. Still on the fence of chroming out the engine, but don't want the maintenance and upkeep....or blacking it out. I like my chrome pipe and the little I have left on it. Also, that tail light is coming off too!

Should get that stuff done tomorrow.

Looks good!! Check out tweakin's bike. He's got chrome primary and I think the other covers are chrome. It looks good with the chrome black and silver motor. Chrome isn't that hard to maintain. Get a good cleaning spray (I use biker spirits) or lemon pledge and some micro fiber cloths. I usually wipe my bike down every weekend after riding it all week. My bike has only seen a water hose twice and never again till I move away from this hard water area!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

His is definitely my inspiration! I might do it...but that $700 bucks is hard to swallow!

Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 PM
hddan502
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Blacking out lowers, rear struts, triples and rocker covers. Adding 14" Road6Customs apes....black. Lots of great looking black bobs on here.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!-winter-mods-at-syndicate.jpg   Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!-winter-mods-at-syndicate-3.jpg  
Old 02-13-2010, 10:57 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Vinsil
His is definitely my inspiration! I might do it...but that $700 bucks is hard to swallow!
True!! Post up a thread to see if anyone has some take offs or get yours dipped next winter. That should be cheaper I would think!

Old 02-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior

I have/had a thread for some black ones (would think would be common that someone taking off Chrome) and I have a place near me picked out to dip. Problem is...I don't think it saves a dime.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Well here's a black one with zero bids

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...Q5fAccessories

Quick Reply: Calling all street bobbers!!!!!!!