Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pack

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 09:17 AM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Everyone knows that dude, I am saying there is not enough of a difference between the two motors to tell the difference. I am also saying there on 07 and later bikes its is not a must to have a fuel manager, with a high flow air filter. Also not all fuel management devices only add fuel, the fuelpak does, but most will also adjust the timing. Therefore, again I am saying you do not understand fuel management systems and Harley motors.
The man was asking for advice on how to trouble shoot his problem, you gave bad advice and attempted to justify it by using a logical fallacy.

Originally Posted by TimBob2010
tlb read this, I wasnt bull shitting about a lean engine running hotter...

http://hypography.com/forums/chemist...e-run-hot.html

Last edited by tlb; 01-03-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:39 PM
TimBob2010
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenvarmit
I have an 09 Bob with V&H Big Radius with NO fuel pack. When I bought the bike the HD dealer told me until I change the air filter that the fuel pack is not necessary. Buddy of mine has a Night Train with the same exhaust, stage I kit and fuel pack, we took off at a light together, I passed him and he never caught up enough to pass me back. So what I'm getting at here is, i don't believe the fuel pack is really necessary, but again, I am running completely stock except the V&H exhaust...NO Fuel pack and NO change in Air Filter.

I forgot to hit the quote button, I was quoting or replying to this ^^ not the original question. When I read what I wrote and then went back to the top post yeah, I gave no advice to the original problem. Sorry for that, I was a little intoxicated .. I have been tweaking on cars and bikes forever and I know they add and take away timing is different spots in the rpm range. I just had a brain fart or what not.

Tim

Old 09-19-2010, 10:19 AM
illetrop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just got a 2010 street bob, install short shots on it, and now 1. it feels like its not giving me enough power and 2. at the end of each gear the bike vibrates as if i was gunning it or somthin, i was told u dont need a fuel pack if u just have the pipes,. now i dont know if i just neeed a fuel pack or a tuning, anybody has any info that would be great,

Old 09-19-2010, 08:50 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Think of your motor as an air compressor. The maximum amount of air that an air compressor can pump out is equal to the amount it takes in.
It does not matter what kind of pipes you have because the air-filter is restricting the amount of air you are taking in. Therefore, nothing has changed in relationship to the performance of the motor, because the air-filter is still restricting the air flow in. A tune or tuner is not going to change anything until you change the air-filter, then you will need a tuner, to correct the lean conditions.
I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by illetrop
i just got a 2010 street bob, install short shots on it, and now 1. it feels like its not giving me enough power and 2. at the end of each gear the bike vibrates as if i was gunning it or somthin, i was told u dont need a fuel pack if u just have the pipes,. now i dont know if i just neeed a fuel pack or a tuning, anybody has any info that would be great,