Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would you put a low profile windsheild on a 2010 Wideglide?
Yes
47.56%
No
52.44%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Windsheild on a 2010 WideGlide yes or o?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 05:07 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

No. If you wanted a windshield you should have shelled out the $$$ for a RKC. And re-upped to AARP.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ever happened to "it's your ride do what you want" ?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

No one is saying someone can't do what they want mikeurig. People are just giving their opinions which is what the person who started this thread wanted.

Besides, it would be pretty boring on here if no one ever gave an opinion but instead just gave the same old tired answer of "It's your bike, do what you want"

Old 01-03-2010, 06:32 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Smile

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
No one is saying someone can't do what they want mikeurig. People are just giving their opinions which is what the person who started this thread wanted.

Besides, it would be pretty boring on here if no one ever gave an opinion but instead just gave the same old tired answer of "It's your bike, do what you want"
But at the same time we don't want to discourage people from posting even if we don't mean what we say. Ex: Go buy a minivan ?

Old 01-03-2010, 08:13 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master

What was the question again??? Oh yea the windshield. Look... it's your bike do what you want. Why are you even asking? Most people who ask questions like this know it's wrong or gonna look stupid or whatever but want some sort of validation. I had a windshield on my lowrider for about a month one fall years back but I quickly realized it looked line s... well you know but that's MY OPINION. If you feel you need it to be safe that's one thing. I've riden to Sturgis from Maryland on a Lowrider without a windshield 3 times after the age of 50 and the wind wasn't a factor so I don't understand that logic (and I've ridden in some big-time wind..sometimes windshields make it worse not better, as a friend of mine found out the hard way this past year). I also have a bagger...a FLHRCI but I take the windshield off because I wanna see the country not through a piece of plastic. I occassionally use it when I go to work at night on Interstate 95 for safety reasons.
Since you asked (and only since you asked) I personally hate when people put bags (ESPECIALLY those fiberglass or are they plastic bags), windshields and cupholders on dynas but ...hey that's me...shouldn't effect you one tiny bit. Sometime I think people buy the wrong bike for what they need... again my opinion. So no need for alot of angry defenders of bags and windshields. Have fun... be cool if that's what you need...don't if you don't need that. People ride for different reasons, consciously or unconsciously. All this woosie, ***** stuff is funny. Do what you want... just be true to yourself.

Last edited by HarleypsychRN; 01-03-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:17 AM
wolfer887
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im thinkink about a quick release for mine too, My Sportster had one and I loved the on - off option I make early morning commutes of 50 miles usuall in fog, Southern Illinois with lots of low lying areas and rivers and creeks and it did come in handy. Sure it will take away from the cool look but its called quick release for a reason.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:39 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup. Use the windshield from a 59 Nash Metropolitan. You'll have to fab up some brackets but the lines are just right for a WG.

I picked up a detachable shield for my FXDB. Don't use it around town or short hop trips but there's no way I'd even consider the 450 mile ride up to the NC mountains without it.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:58 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It is your ride and it is what makes you comfortable, Well I only saw one other comment on a windvest and they are a great product less upper body fatigue/stress on longer rides
carl
pic is profile of windvest

Last edited by rowan; 03-27-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: changed pic in post
Old 03-27-2010, 08:20 AM
Scotty_T
Advanced

I bought a quick release with my Street Bob last year and it never comes off.

When I had an Iron and wore a full face helmet a windshield wasn't a necessity, but on the highway pushing 70+ you get worn out quick from the wind beating against your hands and chest.

After switching to the Dyna, I found I prefer a half helmet. With the half helmet and no windshield, its just not comfortable to ride at higher speeds.

Over the winter I bought some speakers and mounted them to the windshield. They sound great and pass the time on the long trips.

Sure maybe I should have bought a Street Glide, but for 14000 my loaded dyna is pretty damn close, and handles good.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:35 AM
Teal40
Intermediate

Yes. I have the standard height Dyna w/s and like it. Got tired of white knuckles and bugs at 60+.

Quick Reply: Windsheild on a 2010 WideGlide yes or o?