Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed a BackOff XP Brake Light Modulator......

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

They do have a video of an install on a bike. I think their primary target is autos - but we can benefit too. I think the lower amp handling (4 amp max) is lower than your unit - so I will use with LED.

I think I'll pop one on the wife Lucerne for kicks. Maybe the kids cars too.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Street Glider...and anyone else with an L.E.D. brake/tail light .....can I ask what brand name you decided on? I've decided now that I have a modulator, I should to go a L.E.D. Brake Light. All I want, is a brake light....no combo anything. Just a simple brake light. Money is NOT a consideration. I just want the brightest. I see all the mfg claims as to who's got the brightest, easiest to install, warranties, etc. I've looked at HD's, Kury, Custom Dynamics, Radiantz. Adjure etc. and the more a I research, the more confused I get. Some have "red" bulbs, some have 44, some have 120.....some are an entire brake light assembly with L.E.D.'s for 149.99, others are just a board with the lights on it for $129.99 and you use your own brake light. I give up.
Anyone out there shed some light. I've done a "search" on the HD forum, but want actual input as to who has what and how they like them.
Thanks.....

Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior

I haven't picked one yet - Its on my to do list this spring.

Noticed you're from WBranch - I'm a Kawkawlin boy myself.

Why don't you start another thread to get some input on LED tail lights? Post your bookmark in this thread so we can cross-over to it.

....Nice to meet you.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice to meet you too Street Glide. I thought about another post re L.E.D.'s .....but then I figure anyone looking about the tail light modulator might already have L.E.D's and would post back. A brake light modulator and L.E.D.'s kinda go together.

Did you go to the 1at Michigan H.O.G. rally held in Lansing this year? Weather and cold and wet from what I read. This year it's in Escanaba. Might take a ride up for that.
Kawkawlin is just a hop and skip down the road!!! "Franks" and "Bubba's" and "Great Lakes HD" get frequent visits from us. Small world!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:39 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior

[quote=LWOS;6066468]Nice to meet you too Street Glide. I thought about another post re L.E.D.'s .....but then I figure anyone looking about the tail light modulator might already have L.E.D's and would post back. A brake light modulator and L.E.D.'s kinda go together.

Did you go to the 1at Michigan H.O.G. rally held in Lansing this year? Weather and cold and wet from what I read. This year it's in Escanaba. Might take a ride up for that.
Kawkawlin is just a hop and skip down the road!!! "Franks" and "Bubba's" and "Great Lakes HD" get frequent visits from us. Small world![/quote]

Yes it is -

I didnt go to the HOG - this fall just sucked for weather.

Maybe next year..

Old 04-01-2014, 12:40 PM
riderboy1961
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I just looked into one of these Back Off brake modulators for my 2014 Wide Glide. The gentleman I spoke with at Signal Dynamics who makes these said: This unit WILL NOT work on your bike with the brake lights in the turn signal light housings. He said the bike has two sets of wires going to the back of the bike instead of one and the system is made to hook up into ONE wire systems".