Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition Noise Continuing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 08:45 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition Noise Continuing?

The first time I heard this noise was on Saturday. It did not make the noise on Sunday. I rode to work this morning and when I left, the noise started up again. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this before.
When you first turn the switch to run, it makes a NOISE and the "pump"symbol shows up on the speedo. You wait until the "pump" goes away and then you start the bike. The problem I've noticed is the initial noise continues to stay on, however it is more faint than at start up. Does anyone have any idea what this could be. Electronic Igniton? Starter? Is it time for a warranty visit? The noise is a bit annoying at the stoplights even though it is faint.
Any help would be appreciated
jdog

Old 07-17-2006, 09:30 PM
soup48
Road Captain
Default RE: Ignition Noise Continuing?

The pump that is on the speedo is an engine and the noise you her is the fuel pump running to build up pressure.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:49 PM
WgSkee
Road Captain

You Need LOUDER PIPES... Then those noises go away...LOL

Old 07-17-2006, 09:55 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

Soup,
It sounds like that noise is a continual whine even after the bike runs for a bit. Do you think it could be something electronic or a problem with the fuel pump?
jdog

Skee- I agree but that would really **** the neighbor's off. LOL

Old 07-18-2006, 06:39 AM
irlm1
Cruiser

hi jdog,
i have a streetbob and dont have this problem. ....however, just so happens....lastnite i was helping a buddy who also bought an 06 dyna just before me. helping to update his powercommader map for serious popping issues...(will need to post questions later on that). he has V&H pipes, actually much louder than mine, and the first thing i noticed was the continuos noise of the injectors. much more so than mine.
What i wanna do next is reconnect the powercommander software with his bike running, as it has a duty cycle readout. Id like to see are the injectors under pressure at 85% readout or more or sumtin.
(what i could think of is he has 8deg injectors, i have 25) and his popping is much worse than mine, even though i am still waiting on my sert, and he has the pc3 installed.(still some issues to fix, but should be better than me.....so this lead me to suspect his injectors in the first place)
....what injectors u got??.....

Old 07-18-2006, 08:47 PM
blackfinbob
Road Master

IRLM 1,
I have the 25 degree injectors with the SEII's. I just have the download though. You may be on to something though. Is his noise continuous.
jdog

Old 07-18-2006, 09:34 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can also hear a high pitch noise a idel, I assumed it was normal. If you have read my earlier post I am also having problems(my bike stalls at start up) maybe this noise is related.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:14 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just the pump running.

Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 AM
irlm1
Cruiser

hi jdog
i agree with CraigC on the one hand, that its just the standard noise. even if the injectors are open only less than 85% of the cycle its all happening so fast we#re not gonna be able to hear it fluctuating on and off.
but on the other hand what makes me suspicous is that i dont have it on my St Bob. I meant to double check that this morning on the way to work, but as i was nearly an hour late i didnt get to. so...will check at lunchtime or on way home.
his noise seemed continuous fo sure and was the first thing i noticed when takin for a test drive. (his injector light also came on a 2nd time just as i was about to drive off..semms it does that each time he starts up). driving his and stopping at lights etc was deffo annoying. and he has V&H pipes so lots of other nosie also.