Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Highway Pegs

Which peg mounts would be a better fit for my Dyna? Besides the fact one is adjustable. I can clearly observe that. I would like to here users likes and dislikes of each.

Highway Peg Mounting Kit

or

Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit

Thanks.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
cbrittingham
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure how tall you are or what you are looking to do exactly with your pegs, but I am 5'9" and I have the adjustable pegs which work awesome for me. I bought them because I thought that keeping the mid controls would be good as the weather changes, plus havin the opportunity to change positions is alway good for long trips. The adjustable pegs are good because I don't feel like I am doing to splits and I have them close enough to either rest the ball of my foot on or I can stretch a little more and rest the back of my heel. They look great too. I had bigger pegs on the front mounts (willie G) then decided to go with something a little less busy looking. Hope this helps!!!

Old 12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser

I just purchased the adjustable highway peg kit. I sent it in today to get powdercoated as they only come in chrome.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 AM
sigmoid
Cruiser

I have the non-adjustable ones. The kit only comes with chrome supports but I bought the parts for the low rider highway peg mounts (black) separately. It was slightly more expensive but the dealer gave me a pair of take-off pegs for free so it came out about the same. The black supports are much less conspicuous though the peg mounts are still chromed. I have a 2008 FXDC and a 29" inseam, the position of the pegs is quite comfortable for me, not really a stretch but I've also replaced my air cleaner with the smooth round cover that doesn't stick out as far as the stock one. I've considered trying a different type of peg up there like the Kuryakin stirrup variety but so far I find I have enough options with the mid mount pegs and switching between using the forwards as designed and putting my heels over the top of them.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:05 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone have a picture of these? highway pegs they are talking about?

Old 12-29-2009, 08:22 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dreamer65
anyone have a picture of these? highway pegs they are talking about?
I thought I linked to the H-D site for reference and pictures, in my first post, to aid anyone. I will double check and correct if needed.

I forgot to give my height, as it is important to the discussion, I am 6' 4" and my inseam is 34".

Thanks for the responses so far.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 AM
'09fxdb
Tourer

[QUOTE

I forgot to give my height, as it is important to the discussion, I am 6' 4" and my inseam is 34".
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Dammm...you can mount your pegs on your front axle..

Old 12-29-2009, 08:55 AM
Kanzig
Tourer

I have the adjustable pegs on my super glide. I'm not sure why the non adjustable ones are more expensive, there doesn't seem to be any advantage to them. I'm very happy with the adjustable ones I bought, I mounted them and feel like I can practically stand on them and there wouldn't be any issue with holding my weight. I mounted mine in the most upright position (closer) but in your case you would want to mount yours in the lower (further) position I think.

Kanzig

Old 12-29-2009, 10:22 AM
NOZEM
Road Warrior

Take a look at these, either one will give you a wide range of adjustment. I'm 6'2" The adjustable HD set didn't give me the comfort I wanted.

http://rivcoproducts.com/products/pr...cat=221&page=1

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/17/IMID/565

Old 12-29-2009, 11:38 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior

NOZEM, Thanks for the options. I will consider those as alternatives to the products earlier posted, by me.

Quick Reply: Highway Pegs