Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z bars installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 07:37 PM
FlatBlackHarley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z bars installed

Got the Z-bars installed with help from a good friend. Thanks to JaronB for suggesting on dropping the tubes in the trees to gain clearance. I still plan on replacing the upper tree, if it ever arrives. The 90 degree portions of the bars were enough to give you a headache. Didn't have to change any wiring or cable lengths.

Attached Thumbnails Z bars installed-3-bar-wiring.jpg   Z bars installed-8-bars-front.jpg   Z bars installed-9-bars-side.jpg  
Old 12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How high are those? They look good but I would roll em forward just a bit to give it a little attitude.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:53 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

Looks great, though I do kinda like chrome bars with a chrome front end...How much higher than stock are they and what brand?

Old 12-27-2009, 08:13 PM
FlatBlackHarley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SPECIAL ED
How high are those? They look good but I would roll em forward just a bit to give it a little attitude.
Thanks for the compliment. They are 12 high and 30 from tip to tip. Not really sure on pullback, if I had to guess about 3.5 inches. I probably will roll them forward, right now I am getting alot of vibe through the bars. It also feels like the wheel wants to collapse and requires a little more pressure on the bars at lower speeds and in turns. I think it is because I dropped the tubes in the trees. Once my upper tree and risers come in I will put the tube back to spec and mess with positioning. Right now I am not really sure how much I like them other than looks right now. I will reserve judgement until parts come in and get installed.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:18 PM
FlatBlackHarley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by '09fxdb
Looks great, though I do kinda like chrome bars with a chrome front end...How much higher than stock are they and what brand?
Thanks for the compliment, I do believe they come in chrome. I got them from Lick's Cycles(Fatty Aped Zs-stepped), they are short on supply and it took about four weeks to get here once I ordered them. They are only about two inches higher than stock, but with less width and pullback.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Bad ***, now push them forward.

Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 PM
ecvjohnny
Tourer

sick bars!

Old 12-28-2009, 12:48 AM
jousley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just a shout out to jaronB as well... he's helped me out w/ some stuff..
great forum members here

J.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:50 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatBlackHarley
right now I am getting alot of vibe through the bars. It also feels like the wheel wants to collapse and requires a little more pressure on the bars at lower speeds and in turns. .
Damn ! I don't think I'd be riding it . I guarantee it's not the bars .

Old 12-28-2009, 10:01 AM
FlatBlackHarley
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jaysonL
Damn ! I don't think I'd be riding it . I guarantee it's not the bars .
jaysonL,

I should have clarified a little more on the problems. I was comparing them to the stock bars. Compared to the stock bars I get more vibe, and the wheel requires more countersteering (wheel collapse) than stock. I don't think it is enough to warrant not riding, but I do not think that it should remain like it is. I think that the problem is from raising the trees up and the forktubes down. Once my new upper tree comes in I can put the tubes back to normal it will solve the countersteering.

Quick Reply: Z bars installed