Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brakes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 12:46 PM
ledjenn
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes!!!

I have a Dyna super glide '99- not stopping well- put a trike kit on and now it is much worse due to added weight- any suggestions- I have asked several mechanics and they say "they look good to me"- they are not the ones that hit bioth brakes and almost hit what is in front- can't ride this way!!! Thankd, Ledjenn[:@]

Old 07-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Z
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
Default RE: Brakes!!!

If I were in your place I'd probably install a twin-rotor front brake system running 4-piston (maybe even six) differential calipers and good quality rotors. I upgraded my 98 Wide Glide to Performance Machine 4-piston diff (single rotor) with a Russel Performance full-floating rotor and it was a huge improvement over stock. With all the weight you're trying to haul down you'll definately want to go with dual rotors up front and some real good calipers. It's not cheap but the cost of not getting your scoot stopped fast is a lot higher. I think you'll need the following:

-- new right-side lower fork leg
-- two new calipers
-- two new rotors
-- new front brake master cylinder
-- new plumbing from master cylinder to "T" (also new) fitting to calipers

Off the top of my head I'd guess you'll be out a grand.

If you already have a dual-pistion caliper up front (not sure when the MoCo switched), you might be able save some bread by going to a factory-style dual-rotor front break system, but you'll still need all of the above, except you'll only need a single new caliper.

Hope it goes well,

Chuck