Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Pros 3100 Saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 12:42 PM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Pros 3100 Saddlebags

I am considering the Leather Pros 3100 for my 2010 Streetbob. Anyone order this kit ? What parts do I order for the install ? I know the signals need to be relocated. Any other parts nedded ? Also it seems Jennie at Tri County HD have had the best prices in the past. Anybody order from her in the recent past ? Can I order eveything I need from Jennie for the install or do I need to make a trip to the stealership ? Last anybody have any pics of these bags on their streetbob ? I was considering the Garageleathers solobag, but these leather pros caught my eye. TIA.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:15 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Get them and don't look back... best bags made. beautiful clean install.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:52 PM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had these on my Sporty, same model 3100's with no trim, but I did get the long straps (nice for holding a jacket on top of the bag). They are pricey, but made really well. The entire kit comes complete with the quick detach mounting points, as well as a pair of matched locks. You may want to consider getting a second set of locks so you can use one set to lock the bags to the bike, and a second set to lock the bags shut, while using only one key.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Graduate
Cruiser

I'm also considering these bags and would like to hear members opinions and see photos of these mounted on their bikes. I really like the look.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:17 PM
CraigsStreetbob
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dklanecky
I had these on my Sporty, same model 3100's with no trim, but I did get the long straps (nice for holding a jacket on top of the bag). They are pricey, but made really well. The entire kit comes complete with the quick detach mounting points, as well as a pair of matched locks. You may want to consider getting a second set of locks so you can use one set to lock the bags to the bike, and a second set to lock the bags shut, while using only one key.
These bags cost an arm and a leg therefore I will lock the bag to my bike only. I feel if you lock the bag itself someone could Fu*k the bag up trying to get the lock off to get into the bag . I would never leave anything of value unattended anyway. Would hate for someone to destroy the bag itself.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:43 PM
dmercer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Graduate
I'm also considering these bags and would like to hear members opinions and see photos of these mounted on their bikes. I really like the look.
You might want to check out this thread. The pics aren't all of Leather Pros bags, but many are. I also have quite a few pics of the 3100s in this set, and this one on flickr.

I cannot recommend these bags highly enough. They are rock solid when mounted up, yet come off the bike in under 30 seconds. I had them on my Sportster, and I've talked so highly of them that my old man is going to get a set for his Fatboy to replace the stock non-detachable bags that came with his 07. Call Jenni at Tri-County HD. They'll sell 'em to you for 20% off MSRP.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 PM
dmercer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CraigsStreetbob
I am considering the Leather Pros 3100 for my 2010 Streetbob. Anyone order this kit ? What parts do I order for the install ? I know the signals need to be relocated. Any other parts nedded ? Also it seems Jennie at Tri County HD have had the best prices in the past. Anybody order from her in the recent past ? Can I order eveything I need from Jennie for the install or do I need to make a trip to the stealership ? Last anybody have any pics of these bags on their streetbob ? I was considering the Garageleathers solobag, but these leather pros caught my eye. TIA.
I ordered from Jennie back in May of this year. She seems to be a busy lady, but was patient and answered whatever questions I had before I placed my order. The bags will come with everything you need if you've moved your rear turn signals previously. If you haven't, I'm pretty sure you'll need to to do that.

The installation is quite simple. You swap out 4 bolts in the rear fender with the longer bolts in the saddlebag kit, and that's it. The new bolts have small "buttons" that stick out from the fender, and the cam locks on the bags mount to those.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:12 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...pic-heavy.html

Look at the above thread. Ordered from Jenni a month ago. Delivered within 5 days. No other hardware needed - everything was included. You won't regret it!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:27 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 365 Likes on 254 Posts

doublenaughtspy'
On the Leather Pros web site they say I would need to buy HD #53961-06 docking hardware kit Retail $ 41.95 in addition to the bags. Did you get this with your bags?...Thanks.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Duff
Tourer

Originally Posted by CraigsStreetbob
Best buy I've made, no regrets.
Check here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...pic-heavy.html

HTH

Quick Reply: Leather Pros 3100 Saddlebags