Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 05:01 PM
tscreener
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the nsaddleman with the shock cut outs and I am going with hard bags. they are the larger ones as throwovers they are pretty good did not have to move the lights, and looked better with the passenger seat removed.

Attached Thumbnails I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice-dyna-1.jpg  
Old 12-25-2009, 07:43 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
Edit... MZBuckeye. I just seen your W&M bags, don't look to bad. What did you use to hard mount them? Do you know if a EZ-off bracket of some kind would work with them?...Thanks.
I used the W&M Universal hard mount kit. You have to relocate your turn signals and then use the two holes in the fender and bolt the kit to the fender. Then, you simply drill little holes through the plastic in the bags and bolt the bags to the kit. Very simple, and I replaced the bolts with some stronger ones from the hardware store so they're very solid. They also have a couple of metal loops along the top so you can bungee stuff to the top of the bags. Here's where I bought everything from:

http://www.cycleluggage.com/willie_and_max_mhm633.html

$47.95 for the mounting kit

http://www.cycleluggage.com/willie_a...addlebags.html

$151.95 for the bags.

I picked up the little HD logo bolts from my local stealer.

Yes, the bags will work with easy brackets. I'm pretty sure you can bolt easy brackets onto any bags you want.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

While I am sure there are better, more affordable bags I have grown to like the Dyna Big Bags that came on my 06 SB.

After a lot of cleaning I have figured out the previous owner had a car port and not a garage so the bike was out in Utah Winter for a couple years. Most likely the reason the upper back snaps wont snap as the leather has shrunk.

You can also see where the previous owner knocked the bike over and messed up the bags an bit but it didn't crush it as I would have thought.

I have seen New or excellent on Ebay for around $300 for the set.

Just my input about what I have.

Karsten

Old 12-26-2009, 05:30 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

FWIW - I got my Leatherpros for under $600 delivered. Nothing else to buy (comes with all mounting hardware) Contact Jenni at the link in my original post if interested.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:52 AM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks for all the pics. Looks like I can now add W&M bags to my list of possible bags.
Any one know if someone makes a EZ-off bracket that wont push the bags out to much from the fender?
Karsten,, I don't think bags like yours would look good on my Dyna-C but I got to say they fit the look of your bike very nicely, thanks for your pics.
From what I can tell HD don't make a EZ-off bracket for there bags. They do have a detachable leather bag but at close to $900 that's to much for me.
Thanks for all the info so far.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:12 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

EZ OFF is an oven cleaner.....

EZ-Brackets are detachable setups for saddlebags.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:18 AM
98glider
Road Warrior
Received 50 Likes on 38 Posts

Hey mz where did you get that tool bag by the battary box i am still looking for that one Thanks

Old 12-26-2009, 09:50 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 98glider
Hey mz where did you get that tool bag by the battary box i am still looking for that one Thanks
I found mine on Ebay. If you google the part number you might find a couple online retailers that still have them stocked. I found two or three back when I was searching, but I was able to get it cheaper on Ebay.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:57 AM
doxbike
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts
Default detachable brackets

I had the Easy Brackets (slim-line) on my Sporty, but they bounced around like hell and stuck out way too far, but they were lockable. And these were closer in than the Ghost Brackets

On the FXDF I went with the BareBacks-rock solid and don't stick out any further than hard mounted. Easy on and off once you get them adjusted right. They don't lock on, but unless you know what you're looking at, you wouldn't know they were detachable. The chrome caps that they sell to cover the studs when the bags are off, dress it up nicely. Be sure to put a little grease on the 0-rings so they go on and off easily

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...rebacks-cv144/

BTW I got the bags NIB off E-bay for $200 less than HD wanted (just happened to be the B rather than the C model) And the parts guy at the dealer couldn't tell me what was the difference between the B and C models.

Attached Thumbnails I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice-fatbob-at-the-beach-004.jpg   I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice-fatbob-at-the-beach-002.jpg  
Old 12-26-2009, 10:47 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having been right where you are on the saddlebag decision, I'd seriously consider getting LeatherPros. They are a great deal of coin, but if you are willing to go $500 plus another Franklin for quick-detach .... why not get the best? I can honestly say that I've never wished I had gotten anything but the LeatherPro for my bike. Solid mount up, no rattles, great quality, thick leather, no sags, and easy as hell to install.

PsTaN

Attached Thumbnails I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice-solobags1.jpg   I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice-solobags2.jpg   I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice-solobags3.jpg  

Quick Reply: I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice