Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM
freedub2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddleman

I have the Saddleman bags with the shock cutout. They are lined with plastic so they hold their shape. They have velcro and quick release latches plus they are lockable too. I mounted them with ghost brackets and relocated the turn signal with a touring light bar.

Last edited by freedub2003; 02-28-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:40 AM
doublenaughtspy
Tourer

LeatherPros. Nothing comes close - only detachable bag that doesn't rattle. When they're on, they are as solid as permanently mounted bags. No turn signal relocation. ABS inside so they'll keep their shape. Locks included. Contact Jenni Sapyta at http://www.tri-countyharleydavidson.com/ for the best price out there. You won't be disappointed

Old 12-25-2009, 08:17 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Double...I think the OP stated he didn't want to spend more than $500. Leatherpros/Bossbags start @ 700+.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:57 AM
Johnny Gypo
6th Gear

Here's a shot of Harley bags on the wife's Lowrider.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:17 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Since you mentioned W&M, I installed these Willie and Max bags on my Shovel this Spring. I have to be honest. I was disapointed in the quallity. Not so much they were poorly made, but more that the leather was flimzy and they were packed full of this corregated plastic to maintain shape. Maybe their better Revolution bags don't have these traits, but at least with these American Classis Touring, was was a little dissapointed.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 12-25-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:28 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Since you mentioned W&M, I installed these Willie and Max bags on my Shovel this Spring. I have to be honest. I was disapointed in the quallity. Not so much they were poorly made, but more that the leather was flimzy and they were packed full of this corregated plastic to maintain shape. Maybe their better bags don't have these traits, but at least with these American Classis Touring, was was a little dissapointed.

I also have Willie and Max bags on my Dyna, and same as you, I was a bit disappointed when I first got them. However, now that I've had them for a season, they've worked really well for me. The corregated plastic actualy has been a pro rather than a con for me. It's flexible enough that I've been able to stuff them full without having to play tetris getting everything to fit. Also, when my bike fell off the jack this summer, the bag squashed and protected the left rear side of the bike, and popped right back into shape when I picked it back up. So, for me, they've served their purpose just fine.

I removed the ugly gold eagle that they came with and filled in the holes with these:

I have no need for bags that are removable as I never take them off. As long as they're big enough to hold my stuff and don't sag, for me, bags are bags I like the look of these particular ones much better once I removed the funny gold eagles.

Last edited by MZBuckeye; 12-25-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:57 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Very well said. And those bags flow very well with your bike.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:04 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts

Thanks to all of you for the pics.
'Dub', sounds like your OK with the quality of the Saddlemen bags. Do your bags open from the side or flip up from the back? I can see in your pic from the back { BTW thanks for that pic} that the bags don't set tight to your bike, is that because of the EZ-off brackets?
I've been looking at Saddleman Drifter Teardrop with shock cut out for under $300 I think they are a bit smaller then yours but a lot better then trying to strap everything to a sissy bar. I've decided to go with some kind of EZ-off brackets because it will make it easier to remove them for cleaning my bike.
Once again all of you are giving me very informative advice. Over the last 3 years the people on the Sportster Forum have been great, looks like the people on this Dyna Forum are the same... Thanks.

Edit... MZBuckeye. I just seen your W&M bags, don't look to bad. What did you use to hard mount them? Do you know if a EZ-off bracket of some kind would work with them?...Thanks.

Last edited by GPHDXLC; 12-25-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...addlebags.html
place to get some leather pro's. you had asked earlier if saddlebags can look cool on dyna's. with the ezbrackets pushing out the bags like an inch on each side..... no they don't look cool. They do provide someone the option to detach their bags, however, if your buying new bags and those ezbrackets, wouldn't it make sense to buy a set that will be around the same cost, have built in detachables that have the bag up against the fender, and be the best made bags out there? Then again, maybe the willie & max bags are much less expensive that I though price wise. I do know the ezbrackets are about 150 or so.

Last edited by rounder; 12-25-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 PM
MollyDoll
Cruiser

The HD synthetic bags I got were $409 and I really like them. I don't have them on the bike yet--but out of the box, I really like that they have a clean, streamlined look.

Quick Reply: I'm going with saddlebags now need new advice