Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 01:42 AM
hec4sc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My bike

They're 11.5" long. I think the stockers are 12".

Old 07-17-2006, 01:46 AM
kpreese
Road Captain

Great looking bike! I've got the same license mount and the RB Racing 2-1 also. I went with the black ceramic and with the turnout rotated down and out. Is yours the silver ceramic coating? And how have you liked the exhaust so far?

I've been very happy with the performance and sound, but the ceramic coating scratches WAY too easily. That's the main reason those heat shields are on there (and I thought the chrome/black combo was unique). The exhaust was expensive and mine took 9+ weeks to finally show up. But I've had it for several months now and I'm happy with the choice so far.

Who makes the seat and do you know if it is available in a lighter tan?

I finally took some updated pictures today and I haven't posted any of mine in a long time, so I'll toss some in here too (Don't mean to hijack your thread!).

Kevin

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/2E29E1419658400BB2291E7B23F8BD44.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/FBFCBB70761348349633674A5236D378.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/6482/FC523CAF96284863BD8DDA7DB49D997B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-17-2006, 01:54 AM
hec4sc
Intermediate

I ordered the pipe raw and had it silver ceramic coated by a local shop. I did this because I read your thread regarding how long it took you to receive your pipe. The pipe sounds great. I haven't had it dyno tuned yet so I can't comment on the performance. The seat is from C&C seats. The quality and comfort are very good. They can get any color you want, just give Chuck a call and e-mail him the color you want.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:00 AM
kpreese
Road Captain

Well, that's good you were able to dodge that bullet. The wait was a tough one, I think they quoted me 6 weeks and it ended up being 9 weeks and a few days I think. I'm like a kid with this stuff and those extra weeks about killed me ;-)

Keep me posted on the durability of the coating. I have a feeling I'm going to need to refinish mine in a couple of years and I'm going to want someone else to do the coating.

Kevin

Old 07-17-2006, 02:08 AM
WgSkee
Road Captain

Nice Clean Bike... I like it... Just be careful with those bars.... Long story short, as I pulled into my yard... The bars broke... at the bottom..... I had them on for about a year on my old bike...CYA...Skee

Old 07-17-2006, 02:23 AM
hec4sc
Intermediate

What brand bars did you have? Mine are from Licks cycles.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:38 AM
XXXLOWRIDER
Novice

That thing is sick! Love the apes. Nice clean bike.

Old 07-17-2006, 02:39 AM
WgSkee
Road Captain

It was years ago.. I think it was.. ACC American Chopper...

Here's what happened..Quick story on "Z-Bars"... Way back in yesteryear... On the way to work in the mornin' I got pulled over for no inspection sticker in NH... No ticket just a written warnin', then he tells me I'd probaly get stopped again in some other town along the way.. So why don't I just head back home and park it... I was ready to say frig it.. I'm going to work which was about 50 miles away with alot of it highway riding... and take my chances... But..I went home as he suggested... Good thing I listened to him... I just pulled around to the back of my house
to put my bike up... when my "Z-Bars" split in two..... right in the middle between the risers... I also had 6" slugs in the front end so I don't know if the cause was alot of flexing or just
poor metal quality... whatever it was.... I had the bars and the risers bent over... had I been doing my usual 70-80 crusin' to work... It would of hurt alot I'm sure...... I stopped my ticket giver the next mornin'...Gave him a thanks.... Blew him away.... (I'm sure the new Z-Bars are better now) I'll never use Z-Bars again... I'll take my old drag bars anyday... Your bars are probaly ALOT better now....I hope so... mine you could actually see the weld beads...CYA..Skee.....

Old 07-17-2006, 02:54 AM
WgSkee
Road Captain

hec4sc.... Actually I shouldn't of posted that about those bars.. The new ones have to be better than the old school type..... Don't want anybody to get the wrong idea about them..

Old 07-17-2006, 11:13 AM
USBP Desert Fox
Intermediate

A little off the subject but what kind of helmet is that. i love that clean old school look.

Quick Reply: My bike