Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 883 IRON
I've looked at 100s of bikes and pics of dynas with bags and can honestly say they add zero to the looks of an otherwise very good looking motorcycle. Doesnt matter if they are hard or soft, they still look like hell IMHO. I love the function of them but on a cruiser if I were to get them, I'd have to be able to take them off and to left off unless I need the storage on a longer trip or so. Ya can put lipstick on a pig but............
Sorta my feelings about Studs and Concho's with Leather Fring...Shouldn't you be riding a Cutting Horse with a horn on the saddle?

That is the beauty of the Dyna....One Persons Lipstick on a Pig is Someone else's My bike is a Hell of a lot better looking then his....To each his own and if you don't like it....Hell so be it.

Karsten

Old 12-23-2009, 12:32 AM
wdcraft1968
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Dyna Too!

Originally Posted by 883 IRON
Kudos for a killer lookin bike, pic without bags
Thanks! The sole reason I bought the Dyna was the unlimited creative directions you can go with it. There are some amazing custom Dynas on this forum!

Old 12-23-2009, 02:49 AM
GonzoGriff
Intermediate

I run bags on my lowrider, since I need a place for my jacket and pants when I shed them for the beach or work...my profile pic is it without bags, but i run bolt on stiff leather bags. They dont stick out too far and give me room for most of my needs..

Old 12-23-2009, 03:11 AM
torkrollin
Cruiser

i didnt like saddlebags on my bike when i first got mine either, well really i still dont. but the ability carry most anything with you or stopping somewhere and getiing something you want is worth the sacrifice to me they may not look good on the bike but it sure is nice to be able to have somewhere to put your stuff.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:02 AM
FXDCme
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Detachable

I like everything QUICK detach. The bags are handy for the long haul. Women gotta have their "stuff". And if we ride somewhere, she's gonna want to get more stuff. It is what "lures" her into a ride. MORE STUFF! Then I can quick detach everything for the street ride...love it.

Attached Thumbnails can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????-kb2a.jpg   can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????-12-23a.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

Can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags???

Look cool? No

Be functional and convenient? Yes

Old 12-23-2009, 07:46 AM
bqualls
Tourer
Smile

Originally Posted by wdcraft1968
I put the quick detatch on my ride because I tour with it and need them. But if I'm not touring they stay off the bike.
Well said. Quick detach is the direction I'm headed. Beautiful bike man!

Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I use a detachable back-rest with the little luggage rack on the back of it. I have a small leather bag that I keep attached to the luggage rack at all times. I keep two of those bungee nets in the corner of the leather bag. I normally run with no backrest or luggage rack/bag. But if I need storage I can attach the backrest with rack and bag in less than 30 seconds. If I fill the bag up then I can use the two bungee nets to carry a LOT more stuff.
Here's a pic with the backrest/rack/bag in place:

Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 AM
dougk33
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As many have said here it is a choice of function over style, and I enjoy having the space available, don't think think my ride looks to bad actually like the way it turned out.

Attached Thumbnails can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????-dsc_6787.jpg  
Old 12-23-2009, 09:32 AM
883 IRON
Tourer

Originally Posted by Karsten
Sorta my feelings about Studs and Concho's with Leather Fring...Shouldn't you be riding a Cutting Horse with a horn on the saddle?

That is the beauty of the Dyna....One Persons Lipstick on a Pig is Someone else's My bike is a Hell of a lot better looking then his....To each his own and if you don't like it....Hell so be it.

Karsten
Yes a valid point, didn't like the look of the seat when I put it on, hate it even more after your comment, it has gotta come off now, the ***** leather napkin on the back is already is gone, lets say it was a very weak moment and a cheap ebay purchase, no excuses. Thanks for the free therapy.BTW, you have some damn beautiful country down there that Im going to ride after I hang up my helmet.SS

Quick Reply: can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????