Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 07:28 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,765 Likes on 2,532 Posts

Get the bags you want, then get some Easy Brackets or Ghost Brackets, use the bags when you were going between points A and B. Then remove the bags at the hotel or where ever, then you have the clean look. Used that concept and a small luggage rack bag on our trip last summer, worked out quite well.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have HD Big Bags that came on my Street Bob and had thought about taking them off. But after to many compliments for the Bagger types in the area I desided to leave them. Well that and I couldn't figure out how the get them off.

Besides the rear downward taper of the bags, the bike being lowered 2 inches in the rear, add in a 2 inch tank lift kit (not shown) and new Lepera Silhouette seat are all kinda working towards my 50's Hot Rod look. Forgot the 7 inch Fat Boy Head Lamp hanging out front.

Kinda has the 50-60 Dago'ed lowered look.

Karsten

Last edited by Karsten; 12-22-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:45 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I desided to leave them. Well that and I couldn't figure out how the get them off.
That's funny sh*t right there, I don't care who you are that's funny.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:48 PM
moguy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a pic of mine lots of room to carry everything I need for a couple day trip.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:24 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, no they can't. They may be necessary from time to time, but no bike with bags will ever Look better than a bike without, IMO.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:28 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

Thanks for all the advice so far, and the pics too. Most of them look good. About 80% of my rides are all day long, 150 - 300 miles. Most of the time I take off from home early and it's a bit cool out, so I start out in leather or something to keep me warm. Around 12 pm off it comes then I start strapping stuff on my bike. Then we stop at some Harley dealer or some other store then I cant find a place to strap on any thing I might buy. A lot of times the guys with bags let me keep my stuff in there bags, that's getting old too. Very nice of them but it's always hard to find a way to get my things back home. Other times it's the other way around and I start out when it's hot out so I have to strap stuff on my bike to keep warm on my late cool ride back home. In my old Yamaha days I didn't ride like I do now, then it was just around town riding. Over the last 4 years I've been doing much longer rides with a nice group of Harley riders. Now I ride a lot more with way more freeway riding { one of the reasons I wanted a 6 speed}. So as you can see my riding style has changed a lot. Maybe it's time I changed my attitude about bags. Yes I think most all bikes look more cool with out bags, but some do look pretty good with them.
I still don't see much advantage for me to get some kind off EZ-off brackets. I want the bags as tight to the bike as I can get them, and I know if I take them off and ride I will wined up strapping things all over my bike again. Only time I can see wanting to take them off is to work on my bike.
Kind of sounds like I'm talking my self in to the bags don't it? I will decide by the end of the week... Thanks.

Last edited by GPHDXLC; 12-22-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:38 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
No, no they can't. They may be necessary from time to time, but no bike with bags will ever Look better than a bike without, IMO.
You ever see a Road King without bags ...? It might not look so bad, but those side covers terminate at the rear in a rather 'un-elegant' fashion ... not designed to be seen without the bags ....

The new 2009 (?) and later models they changed the rear fender support, so that 'industrial' -looking bracket doesn't muck up the rear fender; but, the side covers have a kind of stepped down section where it goes under the saddlebags ... if it were tapered more or more of a triangular shape it could actually be a decent looking bike without the saddlebags ....

R/
'Chop

Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

I always said I didn't want to put bags on but now I miss the ease of taking a few things along or being able to grab a couple of six packs without having to strap stuff down

When I travel I keep all the quick access things in the bags

Old 12-22-2009, 08:49 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know maybe I'm just being a smart *** but saddle bags and no front fender don't really go together.It's like I'm a stripped down minimalist bobber so I can't have a fender but I need these bags to haul all my extra sh*t you know like,.. the front fender so If it starts raining I can bolt it on right quick, right?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:25 PM
clamdip
Novice

I think that the T-sport bag looks the best on the Dyna.. I wish they still made them, I have been looking for a set for over a year now..

Quick Reply: can a Dyna look cool with saddlebags????