Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Closeup pics of Harley's front turn signal relocation?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:44 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CRF
These show they are only for 06-07 dynas.............any reason they wouldn't work on an 08? (they all have the 49mm tubes)

EDIT: whoops - I shoulds kept reading - question already answered.

It's all good! I'll go out right now and do a quick mock up without the light because I haven't got into the back bone yet to pull the wiring out. I'll post pics here in about a half hour (hopefully)

Old 01-05-2010, 01:10 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Here's from the front, that 1/8 inch gap I mention. I'll probably end up grinding them down a little, you'll see in the next pic.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry for this crappier pic. I don't have enough light for the cell. The reason it may not work with an 07 up is because if you look close in the pic below by where the trees starts the mold for the tubes it doesn't it sit flush. I'll just grind it all down so it fits flush and closer to the forks. I'm just shooting from the hip on why they say it won't work, but that would be the only reason I can see. Some I've seen on the forum use spacers. Mine came with 1/2 inch spacers, but I'm going to run without them and grind it down a bit then it should be good to go.

Last edited by JaronB; 01-05-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:30 PM
HillBillieWG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics.

Thinking maybe the change in fork diameter change the radius of the trees too.

Think I might just try the relocation using the l handlebar mounts. Just want the sigs off the handlebars.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 AM
Nick0915
Cruiser

ghostrider - I've watched her walk about 20 miles...at least

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 AM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I went with these...
a bit closer to the forks-

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...etail/IMID/711

Old 01-06-2010, 05:54 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JaronB
I got these in my garage that I'll be putting on when I decide to go out in the cold. I don't have pics, but there are a few people that have them here. I'll be putting them on my lower trees though. I don't like the extra brackets on the tubes, which is why I went with these.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...47&click=37735
These are what I went with a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier with them.

If I'm not mistaken the newer dynas have a different triple tree and these brackets will not work. Check your trees and see if the pinch bolt is at the right angle.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:33 PM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sniper77
These are what I went with a couple of years ago and couldn't be happier with them.

If I'm not mistaken the newer dynas have a different triple tree and these brackets will not work. Check your trees and see if the pinch bolt is at the right angle.
Yea I'll have to do some grinding to get the flush!! We'll see how it works out!

Old 01-07-2010, 05:45 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JaronB
Yea I'll have to do some grinding to get the flush!! We'll see how it works out!
Good luck with that, hope it works out.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:16 PM
Derv
Tourer

I've just had to re-locate my indicators after fitting higher buckhorn bars. I'm not a lover of the clamp type that go arouind the forks, they look like an afterthought - which I suppose is what they are. Fitting them direct into the top yoke pinch bolt causes problems with them hitting the tank on full lock and I don't like the look of them mounted on the bottom yoke's pinch bolts - hey - I'm fussy!

So, I dug out some aluminium plate that I bought in a few weeks back to make a pair of exhaust hangers for my boys Honda SP1, and set to work fabricating something I actually like the look of. I've got them to this stage (photos below) - they're not finshed yet, not sure whether to paint them black or polish them. I'll decide over the next few days after I've figured out a secure mounting method that ain't going to come loose with the Dynas vibes. I see some loctite going in there - or roll pins in the underside! Or both

Derv

Attached Thumbnails Closeup pics of Harley's front turn signal relocation?-indicator-mount-3.jpg   Closeup pics of Harley's front turn signal relocation?-indicator-mount-4.jpg  

Quick Reply: Closeup pics of Harley's front turn signal relocation?