Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another 2 into 1 question, Rinehart or Fat Cat

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 12:07 PM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 248 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
on the baffles situation, I honestly wonder if my baffles are the quiet version, they are not supposed to be however I really don't think the fatcat is loud at all, especially at idle. I have read so much about these pipes being loud, not in my opinion. I do love a deep sound, which is why I wondered about the baffle mod.
Keep in mind that everyone has there own opinion on the loudness. When I was looking for a 2 into 1 pipe most recommended the Supertrapp as the quietest, others said that the D&D Fat Cat was also a good choice as not being that loud. I was concerned about getting a pipe that was too loud because of all the news I was hearing about the Police cracking down on loud exhausts.

When I first installed the D&D Fat Cat with the standard baffle, I felt as I stepped on my dick....Ouch! It was definitely louder then stock! Took my first ride with it and ended up going by seven Police Officers. I'm not exaggerating, I started counting after three as I usually never see any. Four of them ended up right along side of me at a stop light and didn't pay any attention to me except for one that rolled down his window and said "Hey!.....Nice bike!".

So after almost four years and twenty thousand miles I haven't had any problems with this exhaust being too loud, but then again I'm never running it early in the morning or late at night, and I'm also not a throttle jockey.

One tip on removing the baffle, D&D recommends first removing the cannister from the bike then spraying penetrating oil between the cannister and the baffle. Then they tell you to slam the outlet end of the cannister into a piece of wood to cause the baffle to slide out. Instead of the wood use a phone book.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:11 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah I have the standard baffles, checked it out now. This pipe is not loud at all. I can easily ride quiet, it does roar when deep on the throttle. If you search post on these forums, generally the bagger folks seem to think this pipe is really loud, guess they never heard a 2-2 like the big radius, short shots, bassani pro-streets etc.... If anyone is thinking of getting this pipe, the fatcat standard baffle is not a very loud pipe compared to most 2-2 systems I have heard.