Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 DYNA and TRUE-TRACK

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 09:11 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 DYNA and TRUE-TRACK

ORIGINAL: ranger140892

The Sputhe stabilizers look like the way to go for my wide glide. Anyone know what they cost? Sputhe's websited does not list the price.
I an fitting the TRUE-TRACK to our Dyna now. The front is on and the back is not so easy but should have it finished in a day or two if time allows.
I am very happy with the quality of this product and how it lines up with all the bolt holes.
With only the front installed the vibration is already reduced.

Old 07-26-2006, 09:30 AM
mhbetzer
Advanced

Please forgive me for asking, but what are you doing with your bikes that require this kind of hardware?

Old 07-26-2006, 08:14 PM
ranger140892
Novice

ORIGINAL: ROADTRAIN

ORIGINAL: ranger140892

The Sputhe stabilizers look like the way to go for my wide glide. Anyone know what they cost? Sputhe's websited does not list the price.
I an fitting the TRUE-TRACK to our Dyna now. The front is on and the back is not so easy but should have it finished in a day or two if time allows.
I am very happy with the quality of this product and how it lines up with all the bolt holes.
With only the front installed the vibration is already reduced.

Roadtrain,
Is that a Sputhe or Tru Trac? How much did it cost. Are you going to have to re-align the engine?

mhbetzer, ride Dyna's and FL's long enough and you'll have squirrely ride experience. Rubber motor mounts are usually the cause.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Patch
Tourer

ROADTRAIN:

I thought the true track was a rear stabilizer only?
Yours is front and rear????
it looks like the sputhe

I really want to get rid of the" rear wheel steer " do you have to re-align everything????
do the instructions tell you how to do the alignment and do you need special tools for the alignment.

I called sputhe...price is $338.00

I am just not sure I have the skills for the alignment part....I wish it was just bolt-on.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:00 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

Patch,
I too thought it was rear only, same as for my roadking but is supplied with front a mount for Dynas.
The front is no problem as far as alignment because you bolt it up as existing. The rear can't move that much if any but you will need to check it's position. I have a lazer which I attach to each side of the wheel and measure against the front wheel, you could also use a long straight edge.
As I have not completed the rear I don't know how much adjusting is required but if the alighnment were out you would feel it when riding.

ORIGINAL: Patch

ROADTRAIN:

I thought the true track was a rear stabilizer only?
Yours is front and rear????
it looks like the sputhe

I really want to get rid of the" rear wheel steer " do you have to re-align everything????
do the instructions tell you how to do the alignment and do you need special tools for the alignment.

I called sputhe...price is $338.00

I am just not sure I have the skills for the alignment part....I wish it was just bolt-on.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:42 AM
ranger140892
Novice

I'm going to get this kit but there's one thing that scares me. Since it reduces vibration, it's obviously holding the motor more rigidly. Wonder what the chances are of breaking the mount extensions on the front of the engine cases?? Most after market motors, with extra horses, have more beefy mount extensions than Harley's to compensate for increase torque on the mounts.
What about crank bearing problems??
Can't believe I'm saying this but I almost wish HD just used counter balanced motors on all models and quit using rubber mounts.
Anyone have any thoughts here?

Old 07-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Teppo
Advanced

I'm thinking of that too. If True Track works without drawbacks, why didn't Harleys use a similare system? Harley has build a new frame with a bigger fork to stabilise the dynas. They didn't had to do that expensive way, if True Track realy works perfect.

Teppo

Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

ranger,
The primery function for this is to eliminate any sideways movement of the rear wheel in relation to the front wheel,the objective is not to reduce vibration in the vertical plane but I think the reduction is felt because of excessive sideways movement caused by engine momentum is not being allowed to happen. The engine is still free to vibrate but not sideways.
What we now have is a set up that allows total adjustment of the aligment of the rear in relation to the front the same as a wheel alignment with your car.

Old 07-28-2006, 11:56 AM
ranger140892
Novice

Roadtrain,
Thanks. I know it's to reduce lateral movement, in order to lesson "rear steer". That's why I want it. I don't give a hoot about reducing vibration.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:59 PM
mrsracebizz
Stage I

Did you get the rear bracket installed? How easy was that to do? Do you have pictures? Thanks. How is the bike handling now with wobble?

Quick Reply: 06 DYNA and TRUE-TRACK