Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red Headed Step Child

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 09:24 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Seems when I go to a meet there are more Dynas there than any other types. Just my area?

Old 12-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Redbeard
Stellar HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

I wasn't there of course, but I think you could take that comment not as an insult, but just a comment on the fact that the Fat Bob has some unique features as opposed to the multi-fit nature of most other HDs. But I will say I don't agree with that since there is a ton of stuff in the accessory catalog for the FXDF. If anything, the VROD gets the least amount of love from HD, in America anyway.

Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Gummybear1
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to buy a Cross Bones, but my local dealer sales guy told me that for longer trips the Fat Bob rides and handles better. I took his advice and I love my Fat Bob...

Old 12-18-2009, 02:20 PM
forrest007
Stage III

Speaking on parts people.I went into Bruce Rossmier's and ask about a speedo.The OEM 29008-90AOEM 29008-90Aguy asked if i was sure it was a harley part. I said " NO IT'S A HONDA JACKASS." The whole dyna line is the red headed step-child. Because of all the weekend upper class harley crowd ride the softail

Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Totally off topic, but...

Some friends of ours had a red headed child. Growing up she was awkward, a book worm and the red hair just made it worse. As time went on, I would look at her, then look at her mom and could make the leap to see what was coming. I used to tell my oldest son he needed to look past what he was seeing right then, but he never could. For a couple of years I kept telling him he was making a mistake not asking her out.

Well, she grew up. We visited her at college a while back and the awkward book worm had changed even more than I thought. She was absolutely drop dead, cause a traffic accident gorgeus. And I am talking 1 in 10,000 good looks. Movie star looks, I couldn't stop staring looks... I went home and told my son and he admitted he had kept in contact with her and that I was right. The problem was now she is on the opposite coast.

I know, this has nothing to do with a dyna, but sometime being a red headed step child works!!!

Last edited by Jonesee; 12-18-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM
jskelington
Road Captain

I have a red headed stepchild, his name's Connor. I like him. He gets pissed when I call him a ginger for some reason.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:11 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think his comment was really anything to be offended by, he was just cracking a joke. If anything, the Deuce is more of a bastard bike than anything in the dyna line-up, isn't it? Maybe the rocker, I don't see much stuff for that thing.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by forrest007
Speaking on parts people.I went into Bruce Rossmier's and ask about a speedo.The OEM 29008-90AOEM 29008-90Aguy asked if i was sure it was a harley part. I said " NO IT'S A HONDA JACKASS." The whole dyna line is the red headed step-child. Because of all the weekend upper class harley crowd ride the softail
So just because you talked to an Idiot parts guy, Everybody that has a Softail is an "upper class Weekend rider". Talk about a Stereotype. I have an 07 Softail, which I bought in nov of 07 that has 30,000 miles on it. Please refrain from blaming your lack of in stock accessories at the dealers on me. Thank you in advance.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:24 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dumbest thing ever. lol
Dyna/softail rivalry? Give me a break.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. It is just silly that it is my fault that he can not get parts in stock. It would be like me whining that I can not find parts in stock for my 95 Sporster because of all the Ultra owners.

Quick Reply: Red Headed Step Child