Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Ride - Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
HillBillieWG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What sucks is its not the actual removal of the rock that takes any time. I manage construction for the US Government...and the whole issue is liability. Something caused the rock slide...so TNDOT is going to have to hire a company to do an engineering assesment of why the rock slide occured. Once this is completed they are going to have to do an engineering assessment to figure out how they can prevent this from happening in the future and then design the fix. Once the rock is removed, they are going to have to do testing on the road and its sub-base to make sure neither were damaged by the falling rock. Then finally they actually have to do the work, which includes rock netting or strong barrier fences to protect the public.

And all of this bc there are people like this who are now probably suing the TNDOT for damage to his car, hurting his dog and the mental anguish of having his man ***** displayed on public tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfK3HFaXFw

Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HillBillieWG
What sucks is its not the actual removal of the rock that takes any time. I manage construction for the US Government...and the whole issue is liability. Something caused the rock slide...so TNDOT is going to have to hire a company to do an engineering assesment of why the rock slide occured. Once this is completed they are going to have to do an engineering assessment to figure out how they can prevent this from happening in the future and then design the fix. Once the rock is removed, they are going to have to do testing on the road and its sub-base to make sure neither were damaged by the falling rock. Then finally they actually have to do the work, which includes rock netting or strong barrier fences to protect the public.

And all of this bc there are people like this who are now probably suing the TNDOT for damage to his car, hurting his dog and the mental anguish of having his man ***** displayed on public tv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQfK3HFaXFw
I kinda doubt ol' Andy can read....he will need a bottom feeder (lawyer) to come to him with a comic book to explain lawyerin' for the Dufus. Yeah, the idiot was probably fixated on the TV cameras and LEO lights.

Anywho, I still am goin' between about the 16th to the 25th next month to camp at the Iron Horse or Kickstand Lodge. Hope to see some of ya.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:37 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

How do you not see several tons of rock in front of you??? With Andy on the road in that area I may need to rethink my trip up there that same weekend, Centerline. I mean if the guy can't see all that mess in front of him how is he supposed to see lil ole me on my bike?

Andy gets the 'ARSEMUNCH of the Year' award.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Failz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well crud. I was really looking forward to this ride. Gotta find something else now

Old 03-24-2010, 10:45 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Originally Posted by Failz
Well crud. I was really looking forward to this ride. Gotta find something else now
Na...trust me. Plenty of excellent riding up there. It'll still be worth the trip. Two words: Hellbender 28.

Oh, and I got notification my inbox was full. I know you tried to PM me. It's available now if you want to finish our conversation.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:53 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

So what are we going to do Vic? Still meet up at iron horse that Friday?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:03 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

I don't see why not unless you want to cancel.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:10 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Sounds good. See you on the 16th. Maybe it won't be too crowded.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Like SC said, there is an abundance of superb motorcycle roads in the area; the Dragon, tho my favorite is just one of many. Just a little farther around to get to
Stecoah NC (Ironhorse, Kisckstand Lodge) when coming from the West and northwest of the Dragon with 129 being closed for the time being.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member

Wait a minute...from where that rockslide is I don't think it really affects the fun section of the dragon. It looks like its after you reach the lookout at the top.

I think we're good gentlemen.

Quick Reply: Let's Ride - Tail of the Dragon