Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Ride - Tail of the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:14 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Centerline, so are you going to be there at the same time? The weekend after tax day? I know Rich had mentioned about exploring the Blue Ridge as well.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:30 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Vic
Are you going to head over to the Dragon on Friday or Saturday morning?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:35 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm planning on friday. It may or may not change.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me and some pals of mine might just soin you (7 new york guys)

Old 03-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Grind
Road Master

I want to do this. I think I can come up with a tent.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:44 PM
miketedesco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am planning on getting down there either May 25-27 or June 1-3. I am going to MS the 27th through June 1 so I was planning on doing this on either the way down or way back. I know a lot of guys are planning trips for this spring/summer, but if anyone is going to be down there at either of those 2 times and wouldn't mind a tag along, I will be there by myself. I am pretty experienced, but do ride very conservatively. I was gonna camp at Deals Gap MC resort.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
mtnlvr
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by motocriz
I may be interested. I am planning to hit the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway, and the Outer Banks on one run this summer. Would probably be able to make that run in May or June. Was planning on doing it solo....but meeting up with some other riders would be cool....
Did that same thing last summer. Awesome. 5500 miles. From Minneapolis to Cherohala, Iron Horse, Dragon, Wayah, Wheels Through Time, Blue Ridge, Willville, Skyline, DC, Bike Week in Ocean City, Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, Outerbanks, ferry hopping, surfing, Erie, Huron, Michigan, Tunnel of Trees, Mackinaw, Superior, Apostle Islands, Duluth, and back to Minneapolis. Replaced a stator, rear tire and oil on the trip.

I'd love to make the trip to the Smokies again, but it won't be this year. Maybe next year. Hope you all have a great time!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:50 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mtnlvr
Did that same thing last summer. Awesome. 5500 miles. From Minneapolis to Cherohala, Iron Horse, Dragon, Wayah, Wheels Through Time, Blue Ridge, Willville, Skyline, DC, Bike Week in Ocean City, Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel, Outerbanks, ferry hopping, surfing, Erie, Huron, Michigan, Tunnel of Trees, Mackinaw, Superior, Apostle Islands, Duluth, and back to Minneapolis. Replaced a stator, rear tire and oil on the trip.

I'd love to make the trip to the Smokies again, but it won't be this year. Maybe next year. Hope you all have a great time!
WOW that's a great ride. I've done a few of the things on that list, and they were all fantastic.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:19 PM
HillBillieWG
Advanced

I am from the East side of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Parrottsville, TN) about 45 mins from Gatlinburg so it would be a nice 2 hour ride to the Dragon. BUT man you guys are making me homesick.

I should be back in the middle of May (might be coming right back to the 'stan so it might just be a couple of weeks) so I may have to hit up the dragon mid week while I am home.

I have lived alot of places around the US and the world, and have to say there aren't many places more beautiful than home for me.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
Grind
Road Master

I'm in! Put in my vacation request and got a new tent. I'll be heading down on Thursday, arriving late afternoon/evening.

Quick Reply: Let's Ride - Tail of the Dragon