Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be real(ebay bike purchase)

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 PM
danktat
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you got a Dyna for the price of a used Sportster! Can't do much better than that. Get some pix up and a good story of that first ride up as soon as you get your hands on it. Looks like a great Christmas present for yourself! Should be pretty safe with the purchase as far as getting it in your posession. As far as how it runs, you can only go by what the ad said and what you were told until you actually "see" it. Good luck with that part but it looks like you did good!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

he gave the VIN, you might be able to find out about that bikes service life that way, if it was done at a dealership..id give him the entirepayment when i went to pick it up, and id want to hear it running of course, he didnt give any close up shots either, makes me wonder about the paint, but it can always be painted. I think you done well.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I just looked up the blue book value on this bike, It retails for over 9k and the trade in value is over 7k. I didn't see an FXR but the ebay ad also says it's a lowrider. I'm guessing it's the same. I can be wrong and if I am I'm sure someone on here will correct me.

Looks like you found a great deal. Don't make too much out of any cosmetic blemishes. Make sure the bike runs strong and there's nothing major wrong with it. The little things will be easy to take care of. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/trade-...n/fxdwg2/68741

Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you never know i mean year and half ago in 08 i found my uncle a 2004 lowrider dyna on craigslist with alot of extras and only 4,000 miles on it for $8000 so if your guy really needed the cash and the bike was paid for then 01 for $5,300 and a guy needing money is not unheard of by anymeans especially in this economy where people need to make house payments and buy christmas.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:03 AM
Dsanchez
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not

...it is NOT a FXR. It is a DYNA frame which makes it a FXD.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:08 AM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

well so far Iv'e not heard anything from the seller. I emailed him my cell number so will wait and see.

Ill keep you posted.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:05 AM
gibbyflhx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most likely if he had the bike serviced at the dealer then he went to Meredith Harley. I would give them a call and try and get some records

Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 AM
RCB
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you buy it and don't like it, I'm sure you could sell it for $5301.00. Looks like you got a good deal. Enjoy it and ride safe.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:16 AM
Nightking
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give the vin number to the local dealers in that area. DO NOT give this guy any money until you've heard from him or her.And , ONLY do a deposit through pay pal.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:18 AM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a great deal. If it were me i,d go with the full amount and have a good look at the bike with the best expert i could lay my hands on. If it starts and runs as it should and all is well i,d pay up. If its not as advertised and i,m not happy i,d walk away.
Best of luck and keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Could this be real(ebay bike purchase)