Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LRB Z-PLUS Brake Pads - Lots of Brake Dust

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

no such problem with mine...

Old 12-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the Z+ (front & rear) a few months ago. This is new stock, direct from Lyndall. I know this flies in the face of the many endorsements here, but my experience is that they dust just as much as stock and don't stop any better than stock. The only difference I see is that the dust is lighter colored, so it isn't as noticeable.

It's not a big issue for me, but I was hoping for better. Next time I'll try the Golds or something completely different.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:37 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Contact Paul (owner) at LRB and let him know whats going on. I'm sure he will make it right. He stands behind his products. Lets us know.

I just sent a detailed email recounting my disappointment with my LRB Z-Plus brake pads. I sent it via regular email and also via the online form on the LRB website. I don't know if they can do anything - the place I bought them from was selling the Z-Plus pads as a closeout, odds 'n ends sale with no refunds. I got the brakes for $30.00 which was good for me as I have very little money and need to spend wisely. The brake pads were in factory packaging and were sealed. I had no reason to believe the pads were anything but the wonders everyone said they were. I ran my original Harley-Davidson pads for 18,500 miles and they dusted very little and the performance was fine. I think I will go back to OEM when these pads wear out. I have been working on motor vehicles since 1972 and I only give a vendor one chance to screw up with poor quality parts.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a on front and rears of z pads (not gold) and they're a little dusty. Better then my tired stock pads. But def not zero dust.

Got mine from Eastern Performance. First try with them - ordered them on a Monday morning and they were on my porch when I got home from work on Tuesday which was amazing (for free shipping).

George

Old 12-17-2009, 08:30 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

I put the Z pads in mine about 300 miles ago. Can't say I've noticed any difference except how loud they are. I had never heard the stock pads while riding. I can really hear the new ones. Took me a while to fiqure out what that noise was, hopefully they will quiet down when they seat completely. If not I'll be going back to stock next time.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

My zplus pads are a no dust kind of pad. I will say, the old rotors on my bike did dust more. I think the gold pads are the way to go for the few bucks more.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:04 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Blaster
I put the Z pads in mine about 300 miles ago. Can't say I've noticed any difference except how loud they are. I had never heard the stock pads while riding. I can really hear the new ones. Took me a while to fiqure out what that noise was, hopefully they will quiet down when they seat completely. If not I'll be going back to stock next time.

I have noticed the same thing in regards to the noise.

Richard...

Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM
rdondes
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by GeorgeJ
Put a on front and rears of z pads (not gold) and they're a little dusty. Better then my tired stock pads. But def not zero dust.

Got mine from Eastern Performance. First try with them - ordered them on a Monday morning and they were on my porch when I got home from work on Tuesday which was amazing (for free shipping).

George
I live in the central part of The People's Republic of New Jersey and Eastern Performance is in Maryland. I have ordered from Eastern Performance about 4 times and each time the "free" shipping has gotten the product to me overnight. That is definitely impressive.

Richard