Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm Dreamin' what if...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:04 PM
mud
muderator
Received 9,109 Likes on 2,119 Posts

Originally Posted by hommes
Hi Mud...You really have that on your bike? It is impressive!! Yup, guages do it for me. Anyone out there ever fly an airplane?

Knowing where your at is where its at in my book.

A cop friend once told me that in just about every arrest for DUI the driver insists that although he's had a drink he's not over the legal limit of .08. Thing is when he gets a breathalizer guage stuck in his mouth it becomes a whole different story...

If you have any info on that rig, send it along to me Mud.
yeah, you read between the lines, and I guess you busted me.

This is my peaBrained concept, drew it up a couple years ago.

not in production yet.

We are taking deposits if you want to guarantee your place in line.

i just want to know if this your desire is still available ?
kindly back to me with fool detales about these you papal and banking CONfidental,
i mean it present CONdition...hope to read from you soon.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think an automatic transmission would fit yer needs better - maybe one with reverse too - just my opinion maybe

Old 12-16-2009, 06:05 PM
harper764
Banned

OK, I really like having that green light come on when I'm in 6th gear on my FXD. The thing is this...I would like that little green light to show what gear I'm in whether it be 3rd or 5th or whatever.

What if Harley did it that way? Would it be great or what?

If they sold a Gizmo I'd buy it....well maybe not... it would depend on price. Hey, wait a minute!! I think they should come from the factory that way so you'd always know the gear you're in. Let's all send emails to Harley...whadya think?
dude, if you need a light to tell you what gear youre in you may need to sell your bike. i never heard of someone wishing they had a light for a 5 speed trans in a car, much less a bike

Old 12-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Derv
Tourer

OK, I really like having that green light come on when I'm in 6th gear on my FXD. The thing is this...I would like that little green light to show what gear I'm in whether it be 3rd or 5th or whatever.

What if Harley did it that way? Would it be great or what?

If they sold a Gizmo I'd buy it....well maybe not... it would depend on price. Hey, wait a minute!! I think they should come from the factory that way so you'd always know the gear you're in. Let's all send emails to Harley...whadya think?
You're taking the **** - right? Please tell me you are because I don't want - and I don't want my family - to be sharing the roads with someone who doesn't know what friggin' gear he's in!

Derv

Old 12-16-2009, 07:06 PM
hommes
Road Captain
Default Mud

Mud, I would never have guessed....your nigerian?

So, why did Harley give us a little green light for 6th??

Old 12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
hommes
Road Captain
Default Derv

Hi Derv, so you don't want me coming over to England and putting you and your family at risk? Hey, don't come here....you drive on the wrong side of the road.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This a joke, right?

Old 12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Put some miles on it, then you will know what gear you are in. Absolutely nothing is more valuable than experience.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
hommes
Road Captain
Default joke?

I hope someone's having some fun here besides me....

If everyone on the forum is such a downshiftin' gearmaster (except maybe two guys so far) why did Harley give us the 6th gear light...for free no less??

I think its because they really want us all to know when we're in 6th. Maybe they don't want anyone to crank the throttle in 6th at 20 mph. Are they disrespecting the majority of Harley riders?

According to the reactions I'm reading alot of guys on this thread probably think the 6th gear light is not needed and it may even be an insult to them. If you're in that group, I would suggest putting a small piece of black tape on your speedo to cover it up.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Derv
Tourer

Hi Derv, so you don't want me coming over to England and putting you and your family at risk? Hey, don't come here....you drive on the wrong side of the road.
No my friend - you drive on the wrong side of the road.....we were doing it first! And, in answer to your question my compatriots and me would be highly delighted if you'd stay on your own side of the pond until you learn what gear your bike is in.

Derv

Quick Reply: I'm Dreamin' what if...