Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handling question?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 11:26 AM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, now I know.
thanks for the answers everybody!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:30 AM
sniper77
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Ride the Harley like a Harley and it's fine.

I guess that was my problem....

I tried to ride my Harley like it was a motorcycle and found it to be unable to do the job asked of it.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some of us that ride our bikes hard, but don't want to go knee dragin' through the twisties. If you don't ride like that stock is fine, but if you do like the twisties then upgraded suspension will be a mod that need to make. As for what to do first usually is a money issue. My recommendation is to save your money and purchase a pair of performance shocks for the rear (Ohlins, YSS, Works) first. Then do the front end by upgading in any combination fork brace, valves, springs, oil weight, or cartridge. After these mod you will have a Harley that will handle. If at this point you still don't feel that your bike is "tight", then you may want to consider a True-Track or Sputhe. That was how I made my bike handle but without the addition of a motor mount stabilizer.

I forgot to mention, TIRES! But that's another thread. If you put miles on your bike, you'll go through tires until you find what works for you. For me, it's paired SE Dunlops.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:42 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,861 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by jss1975snow
Thanks for all the feedback. How difficult is it to install? The ride now is not that bad, like I said I can live with it, but I'm sure if I could ride with it installed, I would be glad I did it. I'm borderline on either doing it or just letting it be. Dilema's? I found the installation instructions on the TT website, was it a pain the *** to install? Thanks
The front is easy, takes just a few minutes to install. Rear end was more difficult but it can depend which way round the two cross-bolts are on your bike. Mine were the wrong way round and I had most difficulty taking them out and putting them in from the other side. Would help to have a buddy round to share the beer and oaths!

BUT!

The improved handling will leave you in no doubt about it being a good thing. You will notice it before you get into top gear. Ignore talk about riding Harleys like crotch rockets - they have never ridden a Harley with a TT installed.