Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stator Rotor 2006 Dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 09:53 PM
mondoe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
sometimes chad you jsut got to smack a Mthr FKR
Hahaa!! WHAP!!

Old 06-11-2012, 10:01 PM
mondoe
Advanced

Originally Posted by mondoe
Sounds pretty common, the sales department reels you in then service treats you like ****. The MOCO should pay attention to these fourms..
Would like to note that the rude stealership I deal with is Southeast Harley Davidson Cleveland, May check out Western Reserve in the future or Liberty.

Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM
mondoe
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jay Risk
I installed the 07 stator in my 06 Street Bob as a precaution. Has been working fine for about 5,000 miles. Can someone explain whether there's a downside to this- I'm thinking that if the change were going to cause electrical problems, something would have happened by now. Jay
Yeah I would think 5k is plenty of time for something to go wrong.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Default need some quick advice

Hi Fellas,
I know this is an old thread but I need some assistance. I'm normally in the touring forum with the Glide but working on son-in-laws 06 Dyna and have been reading all the threads about rotor/stator issues.
His problem was a charging issue and we pulled that stator to replace. He already has the updated rotor (welded) but my question is on the stator. Local dealer gave him the 40 amp stator which is quite a bit thicker than the 38 amp that came off. The 'race' that the stator sits on is the same thickness as the old stator. Does this 'race' have to be replaced or should we go back to the 38 amp stator? I'm no Dyna pro for sure and would sure appreciate some guidance here.

Thanks!!

Old 06-18-2012, 11:10 AM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

The updated stator must be used with the updated rotor. Unfortunately I don't think that you can get the old style stator any more so you will probably have to get a new rotor that goes with the stator that you just got. In the long run it is a better option but welding an .06 rotor is a good fix, until the stator goes bad, then you need the new matching parts.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:01 PM
Trubble
Stage III
Default Stator issues

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck calling Harley Customer Care about this issue. I have a 2006 FXDBI Street Bob with 26K miles. I have contacted Harley and they have given me a service request number but there is no guarantee that anything will happen. Just wondering if anyone had been able to get it replaced.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 AM
H1946
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trubble
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck calling Harley Customer Care about this issue. I have a 2006 FXDBI Street Bob with 26K miles. I have contacted Harley and they have given me a service request number but there is no guarantee that anything will happen. Just wondering if anyone had been able to get it replaced.
Read my post #23 on this thread, Harley paid for the repair except for $100, both the stator, rotor and inner primary bearing were replaced. 5000 miles later the inner primary bearing started making noise again, this time I didn't go to Harley, used the aftermarket bearing from Baker Transmission, has about 8000 miles in it and seems to be doing good.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Trubble
Stage III

I just got a call from the local Harley Dealer.. The MOCO is paying for everything!! Hell Yeah!! I'll be back on the road Friday!!!
Originally Posted by H1946
Read my post #23 on this thread, Harley paid for the repair except for $100, both the stator, rotor and inner primary bearing were replaced. 5000 miles later the inner primary bearing started making noise again, this time I didn't go to Harley, used the aftermarket bearing from Baker Transmission, has about 8000 miles in it and seems to be doing good.

Old 11-01-2013, 02:48 PM
HoolyNI
Cruiser

Can anyone tell me for sure if HD ever issued a recall for the 06 Dyna?.....this past year i've forked out £859 to fix mine.

First the IPB went at 15040 miles...that was £220, then the rotor/stator disintegrated at around 19000...that was £504 to replace then 2 weeks later the seal on my mainshaft started leaking, another £135 forked out, love my old Harley like no other bike i've ever ridden, but beginning to think it's me getting taken for a ride....

Have rang and emailed HD in the UK but they insist no recall was ever issued and unfortunately my local dealer went bust shortly before my woes started....

Old 11-01-2013, 03:05 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HoolyNI
Can anyone tell me for sure if HD ever issued a recall for the 06 Dyna?.....this past year i've forked out £859 to fix mine.

First the IPB went at 15040 miles...that was £220, then the rotor/stator disintegrated at around 19000...that was £504 to replace then 2 weeks later the seal on my mainshaft started leaking, another £135 forked out, love my old Harley like no other bike i've ever ridden, but beginning to think it's me getting taken for a ride....

Have rang and emailed HD in the UK but they insist no recall was ever issued and unfortunately my local dealer went bust shortly before my woes started....
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...e-the-ipb.html

Read that /\ Save yourself the time and trouble, and upgrade to the 40 amp stator,Baker IPB, and Screamin Eagle Compensator. Its worth it.....

Quick Reply: Stator Rotor 2006 Dyna's