Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cross a fatboy and a dyna and get...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

That is probably one of the last mods I would have done to the FXDX....but if you like it that is all that matters.

I do however, appreciate that amount of time, effort and knowledge you have invested.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:42 AM
DrSmaggs
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it with no front fender

Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 AM
icufltrn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the bike looks sweet. like the combo, can't wait to see it with the paint done. not a big fan of white bikes but i think it will balnce out all that wrinkle black.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:51 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks cool to me, Does she ride smooth?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:52 PM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it too. I've always sliked that married fat front to dyna rear. Opinions vary for sure...that's what makes life interesting!

Old 02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
fryejs
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost done...got the rear fender and tank on, waiting on the front (under coat started to pill so its being fixed)...

cross a fatboy and a dyna and get...-bike.jpg

let me know what you think...Mike Sensabaugh painted this for me, its a Chevy off white with black flames red pinstriping and some drop shading all with a satin clear!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 824 Likes on 479 Posts

pretty cool , i like the tough beefy look of it . but somehow the paint isn't making it for me , maybe it's the white paint on a blacked out bike . just seems odd . maybe putting the front fender on will pull it all together

anyway you're building it the way you want it , so as long as you're happy it's all good

Old 02-03-2010, 08:33 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Dude, that looks so F'ing cool!! I freaking LOVE it! Love that front end, love the paint, everyhing! Looks awesome man. Only thing that kind of stands out of place are the handlebars. I think they should be black, but whatever.. looks cool man. Have you gotten a chance to ride it yet?

Old 02-03-2010, 09:07 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

looks a lot better with the paint, but i still think you need to drop the *** on that thing.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
Dude, that looks so F'ing cool!! I freaking LOVE it! Love that front end, love the paint, everyhing! Looks awesome man. Only thing that kind of stands out of place are the handlebars. I think they should be black, but whatever.. looks cool man. Have you gotten a chance to ride it yet?
+1 ... like the look overall

Originally Posted by not_so_newb
pretty cool, i like the tough beefy look of it. but somehow the paint isn't making it for me , maybe it's the white paint on a blacked out bike. just seems odd. maybe putting the front fender on will pull it all together anyway you're building it the way you want it, so as long as you're happy it's all good
Originally Posted by toastman
looks a lot better with the paint, but i still think you need to drop the *** on that thing.
Interesting kind of 'grafitti' look to the flame job ... some kind of fashion, I suppose ... I like it pretty well ... but as 'not_so_newb' says ... "as long as you're happy" ...

I also agree with 'toastman' that it would improve my enjoyment of looking at your bike if you lowered the rear ... also, if you removed that 'sofa' and replaced it with a 'le pera bare bones' ....

Overall assessment--Good On You ... shows a lot of thought, creativity, effort and resources put into making it your own ....

Also, might I suggest you get either "works" beefier front fork springs or some heavy duty "progressive suspension" fork springs ... even if you've got heavy oil in the forks, you'll soon find out you need a little less sponginess on the front end ... oh, and as soon as you do, post a thread with a review and all the details so I can either follow your lead or try the other option! THX!

R/
'Chop

Quick Reply: cross a fatboy and a dyna and get...