Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:58 PM
CampusJack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I order mine last Friday. Can't wait for UPS to deliver so I can install.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:00 PM
ambrose
Tourer

Can someone please post some close up pictures I'am considering buying these boards. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:44 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by ambrose
Can someone please post some close up pictures I'am considering buying these boards. Thanks.

Some images of the FXDP floorboard set-up on my Dyna 2003.

FXD2003Rider

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 03-18-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: repaired broken links
The following users liked this post:
rydahog (06-12-2017)
Old 02-08-2010, 02:44 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Rene

Nice photos of your floorboards ... I don't understand why the MoCo doesn't manufacture and sell those today ... I would think demand would support it, but I may over estimate the latent demand ....

You've got a great scoot ....

R/
'Chop

Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
blzbro
Advanced

Just put mine on, think I'm going to like it. You can get this set made by V-Twin Manufacturing.
Footboard Kit for '95 to present Dyna Part Number 27-0920

I'll try to get some better photos

Attached Thumbnails Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's-dscn2393.jpg   Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's-dscn2410.jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 11:20 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Rene

Nice photos of your floorboards ... I don't understand why the MoCo doesn't manufacture and sell those today ... I would think demand would support it, but I may over estimate the latent demand ....

You've got a great scoot ....

R/
'Chop
Thanks for the compliment, Todd. My only desires would be:
relocate the board about 2" forward;
a 2003 LowRider Tank and
a set of FXDP (2" over-stock) inner fork tubes in order to remount my crashbar without having the poblem of a dented front fender (Dyna inner fork tubes )......

Late 2005 I wrote a letter to MoCo to ask them if they could help me find a dealer who had the FB set on stock.
In their reply they strongly discouraged the use of FXDP FB sets on a FXD...reason: riders safty precautions due to a lack of ground clearance of the FXD frame compared to the FXDP. When you look at this image you'll notice the front end differences:

After having done some research the FXDP inner fork legs have a different p/n and are 2" longer.

Nevertheless I went for it and scored the actual set at Ebay! I've done about 30.000km and only twice lightly scraped the boards....

IMO V-Twin Manufacturing came to the right conclusion to fill up this gap.

René

Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Yeah ... I've lost some clearance on my boards, as well ...

I have to mitigate my cornering speeds--or just expect them to scrape ... I scrape them all the time ....

I have been going back and forth, thinking of going with (+2") longer fork tubes or just going with stiffer front springs/suspension .... If I went with longer forks, I'd have to replace the 'cow bells' with longer ones (they make them for use with the longer forks) ....

Have recently just been thinking of going with stiffer springs ... or, someone suggested dropping in a spacer (could be made from a PVC plastic tube) to 'preload' / remove some of the travel from the stock springs ...

Any thoughts ...?

I've kind of abandoned my propensity to lower the rear for the same reason ... I need the ground clearance ....

R/
'Chop

Old 02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Have recently just been thinking of going with stiffer springs ... or, someone suggested dropping in a spacer (could be made from a PVC plastic tube) to 'preload' / remove some of the travel from the stock springs ...
Any thoughts ...?
R/
'Chop
Here's a part of the info Howard from FastHarley gave me in this post:

If your fender comes in contact with the crash bar (naturally stop before) than you must either:
  • buy a new crash bar made for this application
  • Modify the crash bar to allow full travel
  • Lengthen the fork tubes to allow full travel
  • Make a droop limiter (which is highly not recommended) so when you lengthen the fork tubes the bike still sets the same but you have less travel
I didn't want to ignore his advice and lose travel so I didn't put in a pvc ring and went for the >$ solution: I removed the crash bar...
If you're interestid in FXDP front end p/n's just let me know, I have the 2003 & 2004 parts catalog!

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 02-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

"... highly not recommended ..."

well ...

I don't need the FXDP p/n's since I installed a FLST front end (41mm tubes) ... if I end up going that way, I think I can find the +2" tubes in the Custom Chrome or V-Twin Mfg online catalogs ....

THX!

R/
'Chop

Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 PM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Thanks for the compliment, Todd. My only desires would be:
relocate the board about 2" forward;
a 2003 LowRider Tank and
a set of FXDP (2" over-stock) inner fork tubes in order to remount my crashbar without having the poblem of a dented front fender (Dyna inner fork tubes )......
Rene, these boards appear to be as high as the standard pegs-it doesn't look like they should tend to scrape any more than those would??
While I'm asking, what's the difference between a Low Rider tank and the Super Glide?

Quick Reply: Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's