Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Bob Headlight to Fat Bay Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009 | 09:36 PM
Karsten
|
Road Captain
Default Street Bob Headlight to Fat Bay Conversion?

I know I have seen it done. Going from a Small Diameter SB light to a Fat Boy Headlamp without the Nachele.

Have 06 SB and 04 FLSTF Head lamp assembly...So what next?

How to get at wiring and what not to make it work?

TIA

Karsten

Old 12-04-2009 | 12:03 PM
mark0763
Cruiser

i will have to consult the wiring diagrams in the back portion of the harley service/maintenance book(great investment if dont have one i recomeend it highly it will answer lots of questions for you). should only be a ground wire, and two power wires one for running normal beam, and the other is for high beam. how many wires are comming of the fatboy light? and one more thing do you want to sell you old SB light i am looking for one if so.

Old 12-04-2009 | 05:14 PM
Lorance66
Road Master

somewhere down this thread I think I posted pictures. I know if you read I was sure to note the wire color and how I did it for future readers. You will need an inexpensive 3 prong headlight connector from an auto parts store, some wire connectors (or hard solder the wires), and maybe some heat shrink tubing (maybe) to do it the way I did. I wanted to be able to change my headlights back and forth if I wanted to so I chose to cut the wires which requires the connectors and so forth....you could also pull the pins out of your stock connector and re-do it that way.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...n-fat-bob.html

Old 12-04-2009 | 09:59 PM
Karsten
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Lorance66
somewhere down this thread I think I posted pictures. I know if you read I was sure to note the wire color and how I did it for future readers. You will need an inexpensive 3 prong headlight connector from an auto parts store, some wire connectors (or hard solder the wires), and maybe some heat shrink tubing (maybe) to do it the way I did. I wanted to be able to change my headlights back and forth if I wanted to so I chose to cut the wires which requires the connectors and so forth....you could also pull the pins out of your stock connector and re-do it that way.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...n-fat-bob.html
Okay, new 3 prong plug and rewire Fat Boy headlight to Basic Street Bob wiring harness and all should be good to go.

Well it looks like I have a weekend project and a road trip to find plugs.

Thanks again for the advise.

Karsten

Old 12-05-2009 | 11:06 AM
RoadShark
Road Captain

I bought a aftermarket 7" FatBoy light for about 50bucks on Ebay, HD wanted almost 4 bills for the same set up.

Wiring is no big deal if you are not color blind.

M

Old 12-05-2009 | 12:10 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Headlight

I'm also thinking about this conversion myself i think it looks great !

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 12-06-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-05-2009 | 12:15 PM
RoadShark
Road Captain
Old 12-05-2009 | 07:30 PM
Karsten
|
Road Captain

Thanks for all the help and advice, Gary I did the same as you did after looking over your pic's and what not.

I was having a hard time grasping how this was going to work figuring the Fat Boy light had 3 plugs 5 wires and a couple extra wires here and there.

Hopefully Low Beam is just burnt out (Used headlamp) but High works so it should be wired right.

Big difference in looks compared to the smaller light in my opinion.

Now to figure out what to do with the T/S and get my front fender back from the paint shop.

Karsten

Old 12-05-2009 | 08:42 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member

I bought the $50 ebay light as well. I just pulled the wiring harness out of it and put the wiring harness from my stock light into it.

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:43 PM
pitbull1
Advanced

Goofy is cool.Goofy meet Duke

Attached Thumbnails Street Bob Headlight to Fat Bay Conversion?-duke-007.jpg  

Quick Reply: Street Bob Headlight to Fat Bay Conversion?