Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Deep Cobalt
12.40%
Black Cherry
9.09%
Vivid Black
28.93%
Black Denim
43.80%
--already custom colored--
5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

StreetBob Color Poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default StreetBob Color Poll

I have denim. Lessee how many Bob owners we have and where they fall

Old 07-13-2006, 10:41 AM
streetbobhans
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: StreetBob Color Poll

denim and I like it!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:21 PM
dubblist
Tourer

I've always liked flat black.... my GTI is flat black, my pocket bike is flat black, my R6 was gloss black but everything else was wrinkle black, my old CBR was flat black and now my Bob is.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
rob_will
Tourer

Black Cherry All The Way!!! Black Cherry All The Way!!! Black Cherry All The Way!!! Black Cherry All The Way!!! Black Cherry All The Way!!! Black Cherry All The Way!!!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
mrs03
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black Cherry baby!!

I was looking at the black denim at first, but I went with the black cherry instead. Havent seen another one on the road yet.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
jigman
Cruiser

Now that I sit here thinking about my Black denim vote; I've had the profound realization that is hard for me to accept. After asking myself the question; self; "would you have purchased the Bob if it wasnt available in Denim Black? I answer to self; "no".

I probably would have gone the polar opposite with the 35th Ann superglide. One of the resons I rationalized saving several thousand kahoonas by selecting the bob over the 35th Ann was largely due to the Denim Black. Don't like to think paint could have that effect on me and that is what's a bit stunning, if not disconcerting about this realization. I have fallen totally for a marketing gimmick. Hats off to the Moco for figuring out how to appeal to many of us (not that everyone bought the Bob just for the color). I speak only for myself, but whatever other reasons you may have-again hats off to the moco. Color, weight, price point, ride position, mini apes EFI-whatever influenced your choice the fact remains (after looking at the poll results which I'm sure reflects Nationally, as well as this forum) Denim Black was a smart move and a long time coming. In some cases we may even have paid a bit more for it. And as rumour has it, some dealers will even buy them back for what we paid, though I'm sure that window of opportunity is closing fast, if not already closed. All this is one reason why I wish the Moco would discontinue Denim Black at least for the Bob. What they should do (for my selfish reasons of course) is offer only one model per year in that color. That way they don't cheapen it so much. Cuz let's be real here; besides just loving the coolness of Denim Black, at least part of it's appeal was that it was the first time a bike came stock with the color and therefore allowed us to have a unique, desirable color. Pretty soon, if not already-it will be a dime a dozen. Which is at least one reason why I'm already conceptualizing some of my own additional paint on my Bob. Which is the start of another thread. Word

Old 07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Jigman,, I agree with you..I almost past on the Denim, fearing it would become a much over produced novelty paint, Well I was right not only are they bringing it back for other models as well, now they have a Blue Denim, and a Silver Denim (Pewter)...But I cant help it I still love what I got.............
The challange is to make unique to yourself... Differant from the others......... Good luck in your attempt to personalize your tank. Keep us posted on your progress with photos...

Old 07-13-2006, 03:49 PM
jigman
Cruiser

Yeah-i will keep you posted. Sounds like the Moco better use some judgment on this one.
I have already started a new thread on how to hand paint the bob.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:53 PM
2_dogs
Advanced

[quote]ORIGINAL: jigman

Now that I sit here thinking about my Black denim vote; I've had the profound realization that is hard for me to accept. After asking myself the question; self; "would you have purchased the Bob if it wasnt available in Denim Black? I answer to self; "no".

I agree with jigman 100%. After thinking about it I realized that I if it hadn't been for the denim black I would have wound up with a Heritage Softail.

Old 07-13-2006, 04:07 PM
jigman
Cruiser

Yeah its pretty ironic when you sit and think about it. I posted my very honest opinion in hopes that evryone else would too. I appreciate your honesty-and it wasnt easy for me to post that i bought the bike in part, for it's unique paint job. I have stated earlier that I have a couple pals that have custome rides they built themselves-both in Flat black. Plus, I have a magazine of custom bikes sitting right here on my desk with at least 4 rides in flat black. Surely where the Moco got its inspiration. Will be interestin to see how flat black customs trend now that it is being factory produced. One cool thing about it is at least its a very blank slate for personalization. Funny you should mention the heritage-even more ironic in that it aint even close to the same ride. Color hooked you to a completely different style, ride and performance.
I was also considering the fatboy but everywhere I looked they were all I saw. Definitley around these parts the Fatboy and the heritage classic are tops in ownership. Also, the largest stock of used bikes too-around here, other than Sporties which take the crown when looking at the used inventory volumes from private parties. At the stealerships its fatboys and heritages with a sprinkling of sportsters. in the end, I'm extremely happy with my choice of the Bob in that I got exactly what I was looking for, better handling than the fatboy and heritage-different if not better looks and better than the sporty for the long haul. Versatility.

Quick Reply: StreetBob Color Poll