Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealing for 2010 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 10:16 AM
speedkills
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealing for 2010 street bob

so i've made the decision to switch to a harley... been looking at different bikes for little bit now and after first looking at the 883 iron (initially for the attractive price), i've decided i would be happier with a 2010 denim black street bob.

i've been to the local harley dealer a couple times now and spoke with them about deals/incentives/etc. after researching and finding that i probably wouldn't be able to get under msrp it didn't surprise when they told me that they sold msrp only, no mark ups (at least on the cheaper models like dynas). however, he did mention they would be willing to throw in extras; and he mentioned stuff along the lines of pipes, seat, helmet, etc. since i have ridden a vespa for nearly 4 years now i already have riding gear (helmet, jacket, gloves); maybe not 'harley gear' but im use to it and its comfortable.

one thing i do know i want is a different seat and am really diggin' the distressed brown leather solo seat w/the passenger pad. but since i haven't actually been able to see that on a bike in person i wonder how comfortable that passenger seat is since it looks kinda small. the pair is around 550... also i'd like to get the forward foot pegs so i can stretch my legs out on longer rides. pipes, saddle bags, windshield, all things i'd like to get eventually, but the seat and pegs seem to be the most important (to me anyway) to start with.

so, basically, what i'm wondering from everyone; how much can i reasonably ask for when it comes to freebies? all the posts i found on here about haggling seem to be from earlier in 09, so just curious if they are more or less generous with incentive goodies nowadays?

thanks much!
brian

(fyi... in case it matters, i'm 5-8, 175lbs)

Old 11-28-2009, 10:22 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Typically 15-20 %

When you buy a new bike, you can often get the parts for 15-20% off. You can also get the labor discounted.

Often that is where you make your deal. Make you list of adds. Ask the dealer what they can do for you. There are some online dealers selling parts for 20% discount, so use that as your reference.

Good luck..

Old 11-28-2009, 10:25 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was on a 2010 Wide Glide, but I got Vance and Hines Big Radius pipes, SE Ventilator and a helmet as throw in's on mine. I think You need to go to a different dealer if they would give you a "choice" between below MSRP price or accessories. Especially entering winter.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:50 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USMAMule
..........I think You need to go to a different dealer if they would give you a "choice" between below MSRP price or accessories. Especially entering winter.
I got my 2009 Street Bob in September, with forward controls and factory security system and they took $1000 off. Of course this was a 2009 model when the 2010 models had already arrived. I would check out other dealers as well, since they are entering their slow season. What you can ask for is whatever they will finally settle for. Push them and let them know you don't have a problem going elsewhere.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:26 PM
gearedforacure
Cruiser

I would list out all of the accessories you want and ask them to throw them in on the deal. If they refuse, ask what ones they would include in the MSRP price.

Ask for it all, see what you get...

Old 11-28-2009, 04:00 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts

I just got a 10 FXDC for MSRP $12.999 OTD.
This included, Mi sales Tax, Freight, Set Up, Title and transfer fee, Documentation fee, I gave them $12.999 and they gave me the bike. Plus 25% off on all accessories on day of sale, then 20% off till Jan 1st. I was very happy with this Deal.
After I paid for the bike I went to them, they didn't come to me[I liked that] to see what the labor charge would be to install the stage-1 and the SEST in to my bike. I was very happy with that number too, they are also going to install all the chrome parts I got including having to take off the rear wheel and reinstall it. All the parts should be in this week when after install they will deliver the bike to my home free. 80 miles 1 way.
Then I will see how it goes from there.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:29 PM
speedkills
Advanced

thanks for all the suggestions! since my local dealer is the closest one within 100 miles in any direction, i was hoping to deal solely with them... however; i did email two others (about 100mi away) and spelled out exactly what i was looking for and told them i was coming in with cash and asked what they would offer. hopefully i can take those offers to my local dealership and see if they will match it, if not i will just be taking my first ride on the bike on a cold, windy 100 mile trek, haha.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 PM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
I just got a 10 FXDC for MSRP $12.999 OTD.
This included, Mi sales Tax, Freight, Set Up, Title and transfer fee, Documentation fee, I gave them $12.999 and they gave me the bike. Plus 25% off on all accessories on day of sale, then 20% off till Jan 1st. I was very happy with this Deal.
Sounds like a great deal. Town & Country? Best deal I could get earlier this fall was MSRP + tax, about $13,700 OTD. I also have a 2009 Sportster to trade and that seems to be adding its own set of wrinkles to the deal.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:06 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 367 Likes on 256 Posts

k&j eglide
Not there, about 150 miles north of them. I live a bit north of Lansing so I had to drive about 80 or 90 miles but at this price, it was worth it. Yes I know how a trade can make it harder to deal on a new bike. I was lucky and sold my Sporty out-right. Made it nice for me so I could deal straight up on the new one. with the economy so bad here in Michigan, even used Harley's are harder to sell then they was just one year ago, and I don't think it's going to get better any time soon.... Best of luck to you.