Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Mockup...what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:55 PM
lhcstreetbob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great man i like it

Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyphoenix
Sure is gratifying to finally see a rider actually doing more than bolting-on something "they" saw on someonelse's bike. That's a big part of being a REAL biker. I salute you.
Big words from someone without pics.............Plus,,we all can't be welders,,machinists,,painters,,mechanics,,some of us gotta be "posers"..who else you "real bikers" gonna make fun of?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:55 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get your panties in a twist. He didn't point a finger at anybody and even you know he's right. You don't have to cut up and reweld your frame to do something half *** original. He's just talking about looking further than the kuryakyn chrome catalog.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:14 AM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL...the man is just settin up his scoot for his wanted comfort & style & he's doin a good job at it! "Real" biker or not, LOL!

Old 11-28-2009, 11:28 AM
USMAMule
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by '09fxdb
Big words from someone without pics.............Plus,,we all can't be welders,,machinists,,painters,,mechanics,,some of us gotta be "posers"..who else you "real bikers" gonna make fun of?
Thanks....seemed to me as well, that being a cycle mechanic and fabricator was not the "one thing" the makes a rider "real." But hey - I'm just a "hang around" guy here. LOLOLOLOL

And By the way --- to the OP---- that is a great design. I like the mock up. Can't wait to see the finished project!

Last edited by USMAMule; 11-28-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:28 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I think they are sick! love that man!!!

Old 11-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I like diffrent. Are you gonna ditch evering you can on the bars? I.E. switches,cables,mirrors,sigs? Needs to be done to do them sweet bars justice.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:19 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks fellas.

Hope I didn't confuse with the original post, but just to clarify....I did NOT fab the bars. Rock at Rock's Chops built the bars to MY specs. He's a really good guy to deal with and very fair in pricing! My cousin and I did all the tear down and mock up....wiring will be a whole new adventure for me : )

I'm not sure if I'm a real biker or not, I like to work on my bike as much as possible and always try to push past my comfort level to expand my knowledge and experience, but I also know I have limits. I've owned many bikes and have a couple in my garage - check my album for kicks, but with a young family and a job that requires travel...I find myself daydreaming about riding or of past rides more and more.
As Chad said, I'm just a guy trying to find comfortable bars!

Peace!

Old 11-28-2009, 12:31 PM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

rock built my t bars and i mocked them up with wrapping paper tubes b4 ordering i needed a special set as due to shoulder injury my hands hate to turn out like on most bars. i love the ones rock did for me and as for narrowing mine are 28inches across and seem pretty narrow ! i am in process among other things of losing everything off the bars except mastercylinder and clutch and brake levers ....

Last edited by latnyte; 11-28-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: SP
Old 11-28-2009, 04:49 PM
ark
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lundee
I like diffrent. Are you gonna ditch evering you can on the bars? I.E. switches,cables,mirrors,sigs? Needs to be done to do them sweet bars justice.
+1 looks great, those bars need to be as bare as possible, heres a shot of my other bike with some similar style bars less hand controls the better!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...n/P1030082.jpg

Quick Reply: Handlebar Mockup...what do you think?