Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedo relocate done

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:18 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
Nice job Rounder and good solution for an ongoing problem for those of us with clamp mounted speedos. I see you put the indicators where I put mine.
Yeah, I originally was trying to flush mount them not using the cover over the top(would have just used good silicone adhesive to attach). My cutting skills were not good enough to get a cut clean enough to do it. These indicators that I have are actually specific to the 2" gauge package. All the lights normally found in the speedo are in the indicator assembly.

I have not taken any pictures, so I don't have any to post. I am going to be shortening the wires soon(left them long to test everything out so they are stuffed in the console really tight) So I will shoot some photos while the dash is apart. This way all can see the modifications I made. Just gotta get some time to do it.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:03 PM
ss243b
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to go digging up old threads but how is this working out for you? i have been leaning back and forth on a tank swap or mini speedo ( honestly never check my speed anyways unless i see a cop) but i had my dealership do a search for this kit and there were 2 units left in the US!! First place i called didnt want to work on the price retail 185.95, 2nd place i bought from said give me $75 bucks for it so i jumped on it. I will be glad to get rid of that eye sore on the bars. The one thing i do like about my stock gauge is that it has a clock, does this mini have one? regardless wasnt a deal breaker but it sure is nice!

Old 09-05-2014, 03:40 AM
cutter4292
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonny's World
It's funny... I like the FXD speedometer "sticking out like a sore thumb off the handlebars." I test drove a Fatbob recently and didn't particularlly like looking down at the tank as much as required to see how fast I was going.

That's the way I feel too.

Old 12-30-2021, 03:07 AM
Dyna for life
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by de79
very nic job! I saw another easy solution:

anyone running this setup?
How did you do that?