Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a true track and how do you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

FWIW, I've had my TT installed for about 2 weeks and maybe 150 miles of riding
and like it very much. Today I was messin' around with my mini-boards and decided
to do some very aggressive, but low speed cornering to see how far I could lean
before they would drag.

For the most part this consisted of accelerating very hard out of 30-40mph curves
or intersections allowing me to progressively lean further until either I dragged or
I reached what I thought was the maximum safe bank angle. The way I have the
boards set up, they actually have a bit more clearance than the stock mid-pegs
so we're talking some pretty steep angles.

The bike is effing TRANSFORMED under those conditions. No, ifs, and or buts
about it. It's still not a sport bike, but I think it's capable of surprising the hell
out of some..

Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Horrell
FWIW, I've had my TT installed for about 2 weeks and maybe 150 miles of riding
and like it very much. Today I was messin' around with my mini-boards and decided
to do some very aggressive, but low speed cornering to see how far I could lean
before they would drag.

For the most part this consisted of accelerating very hard out of 30-40mph curves
or intersections allowing me to progressively lean further until either I dragged or
I reached what I thought was the maximum safe bank angle. The way I have the
boards set up, they actually have a bit more clearance than the stock mid-pegs
so we're talking some pretty steep angles.

The bike is effing TRANSFORMED under those conditions. No, ifs, and or buts
about it. It's still not a sport bike, but I think it's capable of surprising the hell
out of some..
Sounds like you had some serious fun today. You can't get quite that aggressive on my softail. I do miss those days.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 PM
harper764
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robottom
anubisss:
I have one on my FB and like it just fine. It definitely makes a difference, but you only really notice in certain situations. If you just stick it on and ride around straight up and down chances are you're not going to feel the difference. Tighter in sharp corners, long sweepers especially with bumps in the road. I've heard many folks say like riding on rails but for me just takes away the "loping" feel. The only way I can describe is some corners / curves made me feel like the back wheel was out of round.

Is it worth the cash? tough call, I say yes but warn on relevant worth, if $$$ are real tight, don't expect miracles it's just another piece of steel.

Installation not too bad, started off scared to death and crawled through it. Only bad thing was directions weren't real clear is loosening the read engine mounts, and swapping the left bracket to the right side, they never mention supporting the engine. I called them on it and their claim was that one bolt should have held everything in place as long as it was tight. Not the case for me, my motor dropper 1/4" and I couldn't reinstall the other bolt had to jack it back up. No big, (I had to change shorts in the middle of the install), did kinda **** me off.

Front bracket install was a piece of cake but had to shim between the front mount and the frame to get the right gap between two pieces and to get the heim joint to line up.

Tom
you were pissed because the instructions didnt specifically tell you to support the engine when loosening the motor mounts???? did they really need to?

Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 AM
pbhdad
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Been researching the True Track for my 04 Dyna Wide Glide online and through this site and finally purchased one. First, I had read on here about purchasing online with paypal and not receiving the item or satisfaction from the company. I ordered online with paypal and sent an email asking if they received it. I instantly received a message back confirming my purchase and a promise of a tracking number when shipped, which I got. I received the item in 2 days to NJ. The installation instructions were more than adequate and took about 2 hours, including stopping for CD changes and drinks. Only took it up the road once, since weather has not been great. I plan on getting it out this weekend and seeing how it works. Will post my results.

Attached Thumbnails Who has a true track and how do you like it?-dynaside.jpg  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

A few years ago the designer of the TT passed away and when I spoke with them they informed they had difficulty getting things taken care of for understandable reasons.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:46 AM
pbhdad
3rd Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default True-track ride

Finally got bike out for a parkway run yesterday (50° in NJ) and was very pleased. Cruised at 65-70 no problems. Got it up to 85-90 for a short period of time with no noticeable wobble. Feels very stable with a little vibration at idle. The only minor problem is my rear brake rod for my forward control now rubs and vibrates at certain rpms, which is a quick fix. Would recommend a True Track to any rubber mount owner.

Attached Thumbnails Who has a true track and how do you like it?-pony1.jpg