Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmet speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 PM
AstroGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet speakers

+2 on the Scala unit. If you do go that route, get the upgraded unit with the better (fuller range) speakers. I dont think Ill ever use the blue tooth though. Isnt the point of riding to ignore phone calls?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Full Face Helmet Speakers

Astroglide...

You have got that right....Get away from Phones when you ride....My lady and I don't even own a Cell Phone....I was just addressing those who might just use them....and if they do the Scala Q2 with Bluetooth....would be pretty sweet. For us the Cardo unit is for the intercom and music if we want it.

GARY

Old 03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Those Scala units look pretty good. What is the sound quality like via bluetooth? How good is the intercom feature bike-bike? Are these battery operated, or do they connect to the electrical system on the bike?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:50 PM
AstroGlide
Cruiser
Default Scala

Honestly, I havent used the Bluetooth yet. I ride dualsport sometimes and wanted the option of being able to hear GPS directions in my helmet. I just bought the unit for myself because of the radio and the ipod jack. No batteries, you just charge the little removable unit like a cell phone. Havent tested how long the actual charge last but I can get quite a few rides in before having to charge again. Sound quality is ok inside my FF. Not a lot of low-end but loud enough to rock out and not hear emergency vehicles. I dont crank it too much as I like to have some idea of whats going on around me.

ggadwa- I WISH I didnt have a cell phone. stupid electronic leash be damned!

Old 03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have tried the earbuds and various speakers, some speakers worked ok, but what I ended up using is a set of molded earphones. Cost a bit ($200.00) but they are flat to the ear, I use them anytime I am in need of headphones, mowing the lawn, airplane, riding long distances, and so on, best thing I have used. So if cost is an issue, Joe has the best suggestion with the speakers from headphones.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Grind
Road Master

Originally Posted by sanlyn
What is the sound quality like via bluetooth?
Pretty good. I don't have a regular 'hook-over-the-ear-type' BT, so I can't compare. But, I can make and take calls up to ~55-60mph. Over that, and there's too much wind noise, both for me to hear and getting picked up by the mic.
How good is the intercom feature bike-bike?
Depends on the surroundings. Manufacturer spec is 500ft, but on open road we get about ¼ mile. Near railroad tracks, about 100ft, but that's another story.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Border Cop
Cruiser

With the Q2s, I was getting about a 1/2 mile bike-to-bike.