Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmet speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:53 AM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

for those of you that are "taking apart headphones" and puting them into your helmet, what type of headphones are you using? The old school ones with the foam around them? Just any non-earbud type??

thanks

Old 11-20-2009, 11:09 AM
Marksman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reesestewww
for those of you that are "taking apart headphones" and puting them into your helmet, what type of headphones are you using? The old school ones with the foam around them? Just any non-earbud type??

thanks

Just cheap little ones. Like this:
http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0240168

Just take the loop off.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:35 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

MZBuckeye,

Did you ever purchase these? Do you have a long term review?

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
I'm starting to think I'd like to hear some music on the bike sometimes. I'm hoping to do a 2500 mile trip to Halifax and back this coming year. I'd like to hear from anyone who wears a full-face helmet and has tried in-helmet speakers. I've done the earphone thing, and it's okay but they start to hurt after awhile and getting the helmet on without dislodging the earphones is a PITA. I'm considering these:

http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.ph...156ln232f83j09

Anyone tried this? How did they sound?

Old 03-08-2010, 05:13 PM
rebel97
Advanced

in my 3/4 helmet I took apart some speakers and used velcro, on my 1/2 helmet I have some earphones that go around the back of your neck and hook over your ears. I clip a ipod shuffle to my shirt - it holds over 200 songs and lasts about 10 hours.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:25 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I got a set of Sony Bluetooth headphones. Cut off the part that goes over your head. Velcroed them in the ear pockets and was good to go. Here they are. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8QRMHPSVQDKHQH

Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by reesestewww
MZBuckeye,

Did you ever purchase these? Do you have a long term review?
No, I haven't bought them yet. I'm trying to decide on a new modular helmet, and I figured I'd work on speakers once I picked one out.

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I got a set of Sony Bluetooth headphones. Cut off the part that goes over your head. Velcroed them in the ear pockets and was good to go. Here they are. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...8QRMHPSVQDKHQH
I bought headphones almost exactly like those, except they're wired. I also cut off the part that goes around your head, velcroed them inside the helmet, and I couldn't even get my head into the helmet. The headphones/speakers crushed my ears. No go. So, unless helmet speakers are MUCH thinner, or my new helmet has much deeper pockets, they won't work with my ears. I need to decide on a damn helmet first though!

Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 PM
the reverend
Tourer

just watchin...

Old 03-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Grind
Road Master

Mrs. Grind and I have a set of these Scala Rider Q2. Bike-to-bike or rider-to-pasenger - can also be set up with another headset so main has Buddy1 and Buddy2, Bluetooth to phone and GPS, stereo MP3 and FM radio (I've not had much success with the radio feature, though). Aside from the foam on the microphone, I can't tell it's there (wife doesn't even notice the foam); the speakers are very thin.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 PM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Full Face Helmet Speakers

+1 on Grind's Comments.
My lady and I use the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 Multiset in our HD Full Face Helmets and if you have any possibility of riding with others you may want to communicate with while riding the Cardo setup is sweet!!! for music and communication. The FM radio only work in the City.....and we don't do much in the city riding....grrrr.

GARY

Old 03-09-2010, 01:32 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
No, I haven't bought them yet. I'm trying to decide on a new modular helmet, and I figured I'd work on speakers once I picked one out.

I bought headphones almost exactly like those, except they're wired. I also cut off the part that goes around your head, velcroed them inside the helmet, and I couldn't even get my head into the helmet. The headphones/speakers crushed my ears. No go. So, unless helmet speakers are MUCH thinner, or my new helmet has much deeper pockets, they won't work with my ears. I need to decide on a damn helmet first though!
I guess your head is bigger than mine. LOL.

Quick Reply: Full face helmet speakers?