Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmet speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
slider897
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone just sell the pockets?

Old 11-18-2009, 12:29 PM
HDRusty
Cruiser

Ill have to play with my HJC tonight. I usually stick with the brain bucket but I always pull of the FF on the long long long ride.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:53 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

My Scorpion EXO 400 helmet has two little cavities where your ears go, and I think these speakers attach with velcro. I'll probably just give them a try for $40, I plan to use them with my iPhone, and I just got a digital wristwatch that has ipod/phone controls, so I can keep the phone tucked away in my jacket and control it with the watch. I think it'll work pretty well as I never ride without my FF Scorpion.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:58 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To avoid the entire cable thing I've been using a Scala Rider connected via bluetooth to my phone. I listen to MP3 stored on the phone and, if I desire, I can answer the phone too (a rare situation). The flat speakers have velcro and the box includes double sided tape for those helmets that the earpad will not stick to. The receiver clips to the edge of the helmet. I wouldn't call it high fidelity, especially at highway speed, but certainly listenable. Downside is the battery needs a recharge a couple times a month and this is a much higher cost ($50-$100) option to gluing in pillow speakers.

Last edited by ColdCase; 11-18-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 346 Posts

I had custom molds made of my ear from E.A.R. Inc. You go to an ear doctor (might provide listing on their website) first, then have the doctor send them to E.A.R. These fit inside my ear and I don't have pain/pressure from my helmet. I've used these on trips to Sturgis and Milwaukee and no problems. Cost ~ $250.

I use these headphones with or without the helmet. Just need to turn up the volume when I am not wearing the helmet + keeps the wind out of my ears.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:56 PM
dusk883
Advanced

I have the HD helmet headphones if anyone wants 'em for half price I went to earpods from Sony instead. My HD headphones have 10 minutes time of being used.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:01 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
My Scorpion EXO 400 helmet has two little cavities where your ears go, and I think these speakers attach with velcro. I'll probably just give them a try for $40, I plan to use them with my iPhone, and I just got a digital wristwatch that has ipod/phone controls, so I can keep the phone tucked away in my jacket and control it with the watch. I think it'll work pretty well as I never ride without my FF Scorpion.
please review.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:00 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Speakers in helmet

As someone else mentioned I also took a pair of headphone speakers apart and Velcro them in the ear pockets and tuck the wires under the liner. Bought a small MP3 player and Velcro it to the helmet. Runs on one AAA battery no wires to mess with works great. I have used this setup for 3 years on my 3/4 helmet. This was the only reason I gave up my 1/2 helmet.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the exact ones in the OP. I love them. I wear a full face on the Busa and used to use the earbuds. Once I got these, no more ear pressure, but they fade out at around 80.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:57 AM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by T-Dub
I have the exact ones in the OP. I love them. I wear a full face on the Busa and used to use the earbuds. Once I got these, no more ear pressure, but they fade out at around 80.
Cool! I don't spend much time above 80 on this bike, so that should do the trick. I'll be shopping for a new helmet over the winter, and I'll probably just wait until I get the new one and install these in it.

Quick Reply: Full face helmet speakers?