Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

true track for dyna's

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Vic said... The thing is you still have a rubber mounted ... I doubt your fork brace gives you any better handling at all.

Originally Posted by MZBuckeye
Gotta disagree with you there.

... oh not another fork brace discussion...

Vic happens to be right if you have a newer bike. Fork braces were needed years ago, useless on the current large diameter dyna fork tubes except for posing or to bandaid worn/sloppy tubes.....

Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

I have all that stuff on my dyna which is basically a FXDX clone. There is no wishy washy feeling. This is the most stable harley i've ever owned. I can push it to the point of grinding parts and there's no instability that i can tell. It's also rock steady at 120 MPH and i can cut through traffic like a sport bike. If i did put a true track on it, it's not going to do much more than it does now. I do plan on adding one this winter although it's not high on my list of needed things. If i got a little money to burn i'll get one.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
Vic said... The thing is you still have a rubber mounted ... I doubt your fork brace gives you any better handling at all.

... oh not another fork brace discussion...

Vic happens to be right if you have a newer bike. Fork braces were needed years ago, useless on the current large diameter dyna fork tubes except for posing or to bandaid worn/sloppy tubes.....
All I'm going to say is I had one on my WG for a while. I didn't notice any improvement whatsoever, other than the big shiny hunk of chrome up front. My bike handled just as crappy with the fork brace on as it does with it off.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:45 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

They(fork brace) do make a difference on an older 39MM narrow glide like mine. Newer bike, i just can't see it. Those tubes are massive. Older Wide Glide maybe, but i can't see how any fork brace would help a bike with a skinny little 21" wheel on front. It was made for looks, not any kind of performance.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
MZBuckeye
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by truckerdave
They(fork brace) do make a difference on an older 39MM narrow glide like mine. Newer bike, i just can't see it. Those tubes are massive. Older Wide Glide maybe, but i can't see how any fork brace would help a bike with a skinny little 21" wheel on front. It was made for looks, not any kind of performance.
Yup, mine too. 39mm forks do benefit. I can't speak for any other model of HD though. I have used them on a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 and Yamaha FZ1 and both bikes benefited from the brace.