Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody installed floorboards on the New Wide Glide yet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:58 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Anybody installed floorboards on the New Wide Glide yet?

I have about 2,000 miles on my new Wide Glide and shortly after I purchased it I installed Harley Davidson pegs with heel rests. While they are an improvement over the stock pegs I am still not completely satisfied.I spoke with someone that has the 2 Orange Harley floorboards on his Wide Glide that is several years old.He seems to be pretty pleased but I was hoping to find someone with the new style Wide Glide that had installed boards so I could see a picture. I might add that this is my first bike with forward controls and I did have floorboards on my last bike. I am 5'7 with 30 inch inseam and the forward controls do seem pretty comfortable. My only complaint is when I ride on the highway my right foot seems to want to move. The 2 Orange Harley adjustable floorboards look like they might be the solution but I wanted to see if maybe somebody is using something else they would recommend. Thanks for your comments.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:31 AM
KAUFMANSM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue with both this being my first bike with forward controls and a 30" inseam. I dont think I would put floor boards on the wide glide because I like the look of the forward controls. I have the Wide Glide for solo rides, mostly short distance and my 05 Road King for 2 up or long rides.
I think if my right leg didnt hit the air cleaner, the pegs would not be a issue.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:35 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

try adjusting the angle of the heel rests first. Move em up or down to relocate the angle your feet meet the pegs. Also with your shorter inseam, the air cleaner cover could be coming into play if you still have the stock one.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Tripwire1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
I have about 2,000 miles on my new Wide Glide and shortly after I purchased it I installed Harley Davidson pegs with heel rests. While they are an improvement over the stock pegs I am still not completely satisfied.I spoke with someone that has the 2 Orange Harley floorboards on his Wide Glide that is several years old.He seems to be pretty pleased but I was hoping to find someone with the new style Wide Glide that had installed boards so I could see a picture. I might add that this is my first bike with forward controls and I did have floorboards on my last bike. I am 5'7 with 30 inch inseam and the forward controls do seem pretty comfortable. My only complaint is when I ride on the highway my right foot seems to want to move. The 2 Orange Harley adjustable floorboards look like they might be the solution but I wanted to see if maybe somebody is using something else they would recommend. Thanks for your comments.
C908,
Which pegs did you go with? If you do go with the boards send me a PM and I will buy your old ones. R/