Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a dork!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:18 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain
Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts
Default What a dork!

so i ordered a new mustang solo wide for my rig and was thinking i would be getting a nice new leather seat. i haven't got it yet but i was reading on the site they are vinyl...lol

don't i feel like a crank?

are there any real leather seats available like the mustang wide solo?
is the mustang damn good even though its not leather?
should i even be wanting leather?

thanks...ride safe!

Old 11-09-2009, 06:20 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

It will be just fine in vinyl and actually take less care to keep it looking like new.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they get Vinyl from Vines? I know they get naugahyde from the male nauga. Never though about where vinyl comes from.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:41 PM
harleyphoenix
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been using Mustang seats for 18 years. I wouldn't have anythingelse. They use marine-grade vinyl for the covers. Need very little care and will handle all climates.

Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 PM
ramu3527
Road Captain

hey thanks for the info folks...i'll be looking forward to the seat then...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:58 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,032 Likes on 772 Posts

Don't worry, you'll love that seat.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:00 PM
beerly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those who have this seat... does it move you forward at all? I want to buy this seat but I can't afford to lose the legroom

Old 11-09-2009, 10:16 PM
cbass68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beerly
those who have this seat... does it move you forward at all? I want to buy this seat but I can't afford to lose the legroom
I would say yes. The seat moves you a tad forward and up compared to the stock SB seat. I'm 6'0 and with forwards I like how it gives a little more bend at the knee. Best thing about this seat (other than the backrest and quick-add of the p-pad) is the curve at the back. No pressure on the base of the spine!

Old 11-15-2009, 10:42 AM
ramu3527
Road Captain

Ok, I got the seat and have it on the bike. Yes, it does seem to move you up on the bike a bit but not so much that it is that big a deal. I haven't got on it for a long ride yet but it does seem to be more comfortable than the stocker. It looks pretty good on the bike too.

I do have one question though. I did get the seat on the bike but I had to force it to get the eye-let on the rear of the seat to seat on the threaded insert in the fender. Now as I sit on the seat I hear a creak which is telling me something is being stressed like the rivets holding the rear eye-let to the seat. The seat just doesn't seem to be able to move enough forward to seat right. Has anyone had this issue? I'm wondering if putting a slight bend to the front tongue to allow it to move forward a bit would help. Thoughts?

Thanks again folks. This forum is a great place to help each other out.

Ray

Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

I talked to one of the guys at Mustang about not being able to get my new Solo to line up right. He said the rubber bumpers on the bottom of the seat should be lubricated with a little soap so they will slide on the paint. The seat is a very tight fit and as you force it forward into the tank mount bolt the bumpers grab onto the paint. He said that after putting a bit of soap on the bumpers and getting the seat lined up to start smacking the seat with the side of your fist with a forward motion while pushing on the back of the seat. This causes the bumpers to "jump" just a bit and the seat should quickly slide into place.

Quick Reply: What a dork!