Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang seat for a tall rider?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 09:40 AM
beerly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang seat for a tall rider?

Newbie here. Just bought my 09 FXDC in May. Finally got my wife to saddle up but she hates the stock seat. I really like the look of the Mustang wide vintage super touring with the 16.5" front and I know my wife will appreciate the 12.5" pillion. First, I've read the threads and it seem like this is a popular seat, however my concern is that I have read on other bikes that this seat will move the rider forward. I am 6'2" and the first thing I did was get the forward controls. I would love a little extra leg room and certainly don't want to give up any. Will this seat on a dyna eat up some of my leg room? Any other comments/suggestions would be great. Thanks

Old 11-09-2009, 10:02 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Can't speak to that mustang specifically but I bought a Sundowner seat and it did move me up and forward and I hated it. I replaced it with a Tallboy which is basically the same seat designed to move the rider back. It's tolerable but I still hate it. It is the only seat the wife will ride on though. It sits me back far enough but I don't like how it looks and I don't like how much higher it puts me. Some may tell you that the seat moving you up will offset how much it moves you forward and that may be true with respect to leg room. But I still don't like it, overall. I'm seriously thinking about trying to find a nice pillion that will work for the wife and make it such that I won't have to change my seat at all. Will probably look odd when installed but the tallboy I have looks odd to me anyway.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
beerly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing. I like the Mustang because I want the option to go with a solo seat when the wife's not riding and mustang passenger seat looks like it comes off pretty quickly.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea i have the tallboy seat also it way better than the stock dual seat and the wife likes it better also. not the best looking seat but it comfy for me i'm 6'1' and with mids on the bike it stretches my legs just enough, i love the look of the stock dual seat but it cramps up my legs on the way home from work,a 20 mile ride.
i also got the detachable sissy bar for the bike it kinda makes the seat blend in better, I got my stuff form zannotti hd save so good money that way