Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First winter mod!! Street glide turn sigs!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 03:15 PM
RJSKI
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this mod function as run/turn/brake or did you have to add a modulator to the main wiring harness? I figure when I take the brake light cover off I can figure out where the wires go, but does anyone who's done this have pics of how the wires plug in or a wiring diagram? Do you have any pics of the back of the bar where you ground it down? I just bought one of these bars to put on my '07 SG b/c 1) I like the look better than stock and 2) I need to move my sigs to fit my bags.

Old 02-20-2014, 03:41 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes they run as the run/brake/turn and you need the module for that. Or you can keep it stock with them off till you hit the signal. If you look at post #24 I show what you have to do with the wiring. Other than that everything works and plugs in normal. When you take the tail light lens off you'll see where the sig wires plug in. Just take a small flat head screw driver and gently press the top of the connector you'll see a little notch and pry out. If you have to force it you're doing it wrong. The run/brake/turn modulator plugs into the main harness under the seat.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the grinding. All I did is hold it up to the fender level and you'll see where the corners are that touch. Grind slow and check, little more then check. It's a little guessing game. DON'T drill the holes in your fender till you're happy with how flush you get the signal bar.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:12 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kind of ironic I ran into this thread. Not in the Dyna section as much now that I am riding a pre-coffin. I just happen to have my Dyna pulled down for paint and have the signals off for the first time in years. Pics will show how well chrome has held up at mounting points since I did this five years ago. Hope this helps. If you have any question I can answer for, pm me.

Old primitive diagram I made up for someone questioning how much and what needed to be shaved:

Close up of reshape:

Pic of signals with bracket I made to support fender and protect from vibration:

Old pic of signals mounted on bike:

Last edited by jmpancoast; 02-20-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:18 AM
nanaimohd
Advanced

Very nice mod

Old 02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
RJSKI
Novice

Thanks for the reply and for the pics. My light bar came in the other day, looks like the previous owner did a poor job with a wiring mod on it previously. I'll have to solder and heat wrap it and probably move take the connectors off my old sigs to make it work correctly. One of the bolt holes seems to be a bit stripped too, maybe some of that will come out as i grind it down, but time will tell, if not time to break out the tap and die set. Just a little more work, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good run/turn/brake modulator that will also flash when the breaks are applied and won't break the bank? I searched the internet and found a few videos of the Kuryakyn Triple Play, but it doesn't seem to be available for the SG. Thanks again.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:20 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

I have been running the Harley one for the last five years with no problems. I would like to buy a badlands because it has a built in load equalizer for LEDs and I want LEDs one day.

Old 01-04-2015, 02:41 AM
Dyna_Bagger85
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got a gloss black light bar ordered off of eBay. Should arrive around the time I get back in the states (one more week!!!!)

I do have two Street Glide fenders welded together along with all the holes so it's smooth, including for the turn signal bar. So now it looks like I get to do the grinding flush on the light bar to fit it to the fender properly. Only if I would of left them it would of been super easy!!

Old 01-04-2015, 09:21 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member

LOL!! If you could only predict the future of your mods!!