Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Good are these Fatbobs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM
speedybrother
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up How Good are these Fatbobs?

My fellow tragics

I picked-up my new 2010 Fatbob last Friday afternoon (6 November) from local HD dealership. Bike was ridden back to my office and then made plans with my riding mates (read:buddies) for a 200km ride the following morning. Needless to say I slept for about 15 minutes that night (just like a kid at Christmas, but only worst).

Next morning met with my mates who all ride softails, got the usual comments - `You know I didn't like the twin headlights, but they kinda look good' and `I really don't like the rear end, but now I'm looking at it I like it' etc. etc.

After giving my fellow riders the usual new bike owner statement, `I am running the bike in, can't exceed 3000rpm if we get separated I will see you guys there'. Well we headed north out of Sydney towards Terrigal on the Central Coast for breakfast via the old road (a local slang for the old Pacific Highway) This is a winding road similar to your road referred to as the Dragons Tail (or something similar, I think).

I managed to stay with my riding companions and kept the bike under 3,000rpms, by the time we got to the `Old Road' my tyres were bedded-in and I was able to keep the bike in the sub 3,000rpm zone and yet have a ball. The Fartbob was able to keep a fair bit of sunlight between it and the nearest softail.

I can't begin too tell you how impressed I am with the handling and brakes, I can't wait until it is ran-in and has an exhaust system, air filter and sert.

Back in 2008 when I saw my first Fatbob I thought what in blazers are the people at HD thinking, 18 months later I'm thinking `I'm glad they did'

I now describe my Fatbob as a Ducati Monster with forward controls (lol).

Do I miss my`07 Fatboy?

Nah.

Cheers
Speedybrother
Sydney Aust

Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 PM
freedub2003
Tourer

I rode the dragons tail last monthm and it was a blast. Congrats on your new bike..., ride safe.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up New Bike

Congratulations Mate on your new Monster , i don't miss my Fatboyz either , ride safe ...

Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM
ElusiveThorn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I chose a Fat Bob over a Fat Boy and a Cross bones. I love the shake of a Dyna. I like more of a stripped looking bike more than one with a 50's look to it. I didn't like and still not a big fan of running boards. I think for the Cross Bones they could do a better job on making that stock skull emblem look a little less cartoonish and more mean looking. I don't ever listen to a radio in my truck so one on a bike would be a waste of money for my taste. Also, if my Hog is quiet enough to hear a radio then I didn't spend enough money on exhuast and engine upgrades.

Last edited by ElusiveThorn; 11-08-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:30 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on the new Fatbob. Bet you can't wait to get it broke in to really get into it. It does handle awesome

Old 11-08-2009, 11:14 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Fat Bob Squadron and the greatest bike EVA! Ok I'm being retarded there but its a great bike. The best handling Harley I've ridden and I would love to take mine down to Aussieland and ride out along the South Coast. You wont feel the bumps in the road but you'll feel it pull from you when you crack that throttle. Enjoy that grin

Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
My fellow tragics

I picked-up my new 2010 Fatbob last Friday afternoon (6 November) from local HD dealership. Bike was ridden back to my office and then made plans with my riding mates (read:buddies) for a 200km ride the following morning. Needless to say I slept for about 15 minutes that night (just like a kid at Christmas, but only worst).

Next morning met with my mates who all ride softails, got the usual comments - `You know I didn't like the twin headlights, but they kinda look good' and `I really don't like the rear end, but now I'm looking at it I like it' etc. etc.

After giving my fellow riders the usual new bike owner statement, `I am running the bike in, can't exceed 3000rpm if we get separated I will see you guys there'. Well we headed north out of Sydney towards Terrigal on the Central Coast for breakfast via the old road (a local slang for the old Pacific Highway) This is a winding road similar to your road referred to as the Dragons Tail (or something similar, I think).

I managed to stay with my riding companions and kept the bike under 3,000rpms, by the time we got to the `Old Road' my tyres were bedded-in and I was able to keep the bike in the sub 3,000rpm zone and yet have a ball. The Fartbob was able to keep a fair bit of sunlight between it and the nearest softail.

I can't begin too tell you how impressed I am with the handling and brakes, I can't wait until it is ran-in and has an exhaust system, air filter and sert.

Back in 2008 when I saw my first Fatbob I thought what in blazers are the people at HD thinking, 18 months later I'm thinking `I'm glad they did'

I now describe my Fatbob as a Ducati Monster with forward controls (lol).

Do I miss my`07 Fatboy?

Nah.

Cheers
Speedybrother
Sydney Aust
While I am quite fond of my Fat Bob and my Ducati S4RS Monster as well, I can assure you my Fat Bob, while modded to be quick for a Cruiser and an absolute blast on the Dragon (see sig pic) is no Ducati Monster, my Monster weighing in at 395 lbs and putting 130 V-Twin horses to the pavement. My particular Fat Bob weighs close to 700 lbs and puts just over 103 horses to the pavement. No match in the twisties, or most anywhere else other than long cruises for that matter. All that said tho, the Fat Bob is satisfying in a way the Ducati is not.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM
speedybrother
Advanced

Trust me, after 42,000kms (25,00 miles) on a fatboy the fatbob feels like a fairdinkum (read:real deal), I agree certainly no SR4, but, maybe a 2 valve 1998 750cc (2valve job).

Anyway did I tell you how much I luv Dynas over softails.....

Cheers
Speedybrother

Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 AM
yso191
Club Member

Originally Posted by ElusiveThorn
Yeah I chose a Fat Bob over a Fat Boy and a Cross bones. I love the shake of a Dyna. I like more of a stripped looking bike more than one with a 50's look to it. I didn't like and still not a big fan of running boards. I think for the Cross Bones they could do a better job on making that stock skull emblem look a little less cartoonish and more mean looking. I don't ever listen to a radio in my truck so one on a bike would be a waste of money for my taste. Also, if my Hog is quiet enough to hear a radio then I didn't spend enough money on exhuast and engine upgrades.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Ratty
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL it sure ain't a Ducati by any stretch of the immagination but they do handle surprisingly well!

Quick Reply: How Good are these Fatbobs?