Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Good are these Fatbobs?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:22 AM
russell6hp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my Fat Bob because I wanted a Harley, but didn't want mine to look like every other Dyna/Softail that has come out in the last 10 years. (Let's face it, for 50 yards it is hard to tell the difference between a Super Glide, Low Rider, Nighttrain, etc). It is just different enough to make it interesting.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Love mine too...First Harley and I'm very happy with it. Good handling package and just feels "right" for my riding style. Gets better each and every ride...

Old 11-22-2009, 08:17 PM
speedybrother
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, can we all agree that the Fatbob does look different to every other Harley Davidson, lots of people just won't understand how good they are to ride because they will be put off by either the twin headlights or the rear of the cycle. But the way I look at it I spend more time riding it then looking at it and for my money that is the REAL DEAL. Fatbobs are a little like BMW twins, funky to look at and sensational to ride........FATBOBS are what they are.

Speedybother Sydney Australia

Old 11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw a chopper show once where the interviewer said you could put harley riders into two camps, those that ride with drag bars, typically young and aggressive riders, and those that ride apes of one form or another, typically relaxed cruising riders.

There are quite a few of us that prefer the looks of the fatbob, liking its aggressive drag bar stance over the laid-back apes styles.... but if you are an apes style rider then you may not understand. BTW, those two headlights shed a lot of light on the road.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior
Received 211 Likes on 118 Posts

When I sold my Street Glide (for a number of reasons) and I was looking for my next bike to build I looked at the entire Harley line and the Fat Bob was the ONLY bike I considered. I don't know why but I've always kinda knew that some day I would. Well a month on the lift and a hundred and fifty miles later, I have no regrets. Diffenitly one of the best handling HD's I've owned and I've owned a few. Ugly? Yea, this is pretty damn ugly