Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:52 PM
RogerDC
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFONE
Can't speak for other owners but I just liked the way it fit me. Liked the bars, and the balance of the bike. And hell, my Triumph Speed Triple has dual headlights, so having a Harley with the same set up didn't put me off.

I concur with the previous poster. This is a stupid *** thread, only Harley guys bash each others bikes.
Hear hear. I saw a picture on here of a Sportster that was painted pink. Not a look I would go for, but whatever makes you smile is a good thing. My Fat Bob makes me smile and that's all I care about. Harleys are more than just how they "look"; they feel different from other bikes. I like all Harleys and understand why people buy each different type. Even the pink sportster gets a thumbs up from me.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:57 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,293 Likes on 1,701 Posts

Originally Posted by screamin 110
Im just asking why they are so popular. I never said its a bad bike I just want to know what draws the masses to it
Meh, tell the truth...you started this thread to stir the pot and **** people off.

Ya' must be bored...go for a ride, you'll feel better.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

The most info from this thread was the post by Wonkaboy.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:11 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, accordng to this poll on here the Super Glide and Street Bob are the most popular.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...roll-call.html

But I love my FATBOB!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:34 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think that undoubtedly most people are buying them for the better handling due to the stiffer front forks and dual discs. The rear tire is about an optimum size also. The front by normal reasoning should be to fat but seems to work well with the bike. I imagine that is due to inspite of it being "Better" handling it is still a slow handling overweight Hog. Your 21" front wheels just work because they are stable and that seems to be a priority for most Harley riders.... vs quick turn in

I think they didn't take it far enough... should have had 17" wheels front and rear so all the good sportbike/sport-tourer tires would fit, some modern upside down forks and better brakes/calibers.

The looks are all subjective but to me it looks lean and purposefull. Don't know about the rear fender... looks like a lot of other rear fenders on Harleys I've seen for years?? The dual headlights are unique so they set it off...... this ain't your Daddy's Harley!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:38 PM
screamin 110
Cruiser

We must have about 10 FB in my small riding area. Hell I still love MAICO'S. I cant even explain why but I do. So I figured I must have missed something and maybe I did. One guy posted it looks like its a HD that want to be ridden. And thats why he liked it. And I can appreciate that.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:39 PM
imcworth
Cruiser

I was drawn to the Fat Bob for the over all performance. It is my first Harley. But now I have it on consignment to buy a Road Glide which seems to be more practical for me.

Last edited by imcworth; 11-07-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:50 PM
beerguz
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pics, I don't mind the look of that bike at all.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Thumbs up Fatbob

Originally Posted by domenicp7
The most info from this thread was the post by Wonkaboy.

Yea that all i care about are sex and woman , You ride what you like and that's it , i do like the 16 inch tire it's more stable on the highway after owning a couple of fatboys i should know .. i think it's a great looking Dyna with it's own iden - tity

Old 11-07-2009, 08:19 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ElusiveThorn
I throw up a little in my mouth when I see grey on HD motors.

Just like I do when I see ape hangers. There is a reason they are illegal in some states. Ech.

Quick Reply: I just dont understand